Registered Nurse Progressive Care Cardiovascular Step-Down Unit FT Days $10k signon bonus plus relocation
Full-time / Days
Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center
Our goal at Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center is simple: to offer our patients the absolute best care around, in the most compassionate, community-focused setting possible.
Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center consists of two campuses: a 277-bed main hospital in Daytona Beach and a 119-bed hospital in Ormond Beach, as well as our new outpatient facility, located at the Pavilion at Port Orange. Through our Christian mission of hope, health and healing, we strive to promote wellness of mind, body and spirit. We are a recipient of the 2012 Governor’s Sterling Award, which is the highest award an organization in Florida can receive for performance excellence.
More than 400 physicians hold privileges to practice at our facilities, and we employ more than 1,700 care-team members. Our specialties include cardiology, cancer, emergency care, surgical services, obstetrics, neurosurgery, stroke care, rehabilitation, weight-loss surgery, imaging, laboratory, home health, wound care, diabetes, hospice, physician practices and women’s services.
Patients and families from across the country appreciate Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center’s unique culture. Our cutting-edge technology is accompanied by the holistic environment and patient-centered care that have defined Florida Hospital for more than a century. Best of all, it’s just a short trip from some of Florida’s most exciting attractions—and minutes from the Sunshine State’s premier beaches.
- Demonstrating effective assessment skills to ensure quality patient care is provided.
- Performing and documenting accurate initial assessment per unit standard which may include: initial observation, obtaining and interpreting information in terms of the patients' needs, safety, discharge planning, psych/social/cultural, family needs, multi-system physical assessment, patient/family level of knowledge and readiness to learn about disease process and care requirements. Reports appropriate information in a timely manner to responsible physician.
- Observing and monitoring patient lab work for trends and reports abnormal lab tests to the appropriate physician and obtains appropriate interventions.
- Utilizing clinical data to implement appropriate interventions.
- Performing and documenting ongoing patient assessment which accurately reflects patients' physical and mental status ranging from child to geriatric according to unit standards and patient condition.
- Initiating use of restraints per hospital policy and procedures. Demonstrating commitment in the use of safe and appropriate alternatives prior to the application of any patient restraint device. Maintaining competency in the application, monitoring and care of the patient in restraints.
- Demonstrates critical-thinking skills when analyzing basic and advanced cardiac rhythms in a safe, competent and independent manner (Unit Specific).
- Consistently developing an appropriate plan of care for patient from admission to discharge.
- Developing, prioritizing, and documenting a plan of care that is individualized and involves patient, family, and/or significant other in goal setting per unit standards.
- Demonstrating knowledge and ability in the preparation of patients for tests, procedures and surgeries ordered.
- Establishing appropriate implementation of nursing actions to ensure competent nursing care is delivered.
- Providing individualized goal directed nursing care to patients in the nursing unit, utilizing the nursing process and standards of nursing care.
What you will need:
· Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing with a minimum of an Associates of Science degree, required.
· BSN or MSN, preferred.
· Active/Clear Florida RN license, required.
· Must maintain current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification from the American Heart Association (AHA).
· Must maintain current Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) certification from the American Heart Association (AHA).
· Minimum 1 year of current hospital and/or acute care setting experience, required.
· Prior PCU, Telemetry, Cardiac, Step-down, Neuro, Stroke and/or Critical Care experience, preferred.