Certified Central Sterile Processing Tech PRN Days
With a medical staff that includes more than 300 physicians—both on staff and with admitting privileges—including primary care physicians and a wide variety of specialists, we have the skills, experience and technology to offer exceptional care from exceptional people in an exceptional environment.
At Florida Hospital North Pinellas, the difference is evident in more than just our compassionate approach to health care. We are committed to providing our community the highest-quality care. As the area’s only Accredited Chest Pain Center and recipient of an “A” rating for patient safety from the Leapfrog Group, Florida Hospital North Pinellas is a true health care partner. We’re also fundamentally supportive of our community, and we continuously provide education and screening outreach as part of our mission to extend Christ’s healing ministry.
We value the trust you place in us, and strive every day to prove ourselves worthy of it. With our partners, we work to be at the forefront of the most advanced medical research, bringing you state-of-the-art techniques and technology in our caring, compassionate environment.
- Picks up used/contaminated equipment, trays, instruments and carts from appropriate area including operating room at designated times and processes for appropriate decontamination/sterilization, use or storage.
- Inspects all instruments for cleanliness and condition, removing defective items.
- Assembles and/or restocks all trays, kits and packs pursuant to department policy and procedures and priority level, verifying that they have been properly wrapped and labeled.
- Operates sterilizers, washers and other processing equipment in accordance with department policy, maintaining accurate and detailed sterilization records.
- Demonstrates knowledge of medical and product terminology as well as the location of trays, instruments, supplies and equipment to expedite service.
- Resterilizes/replaces all dated items prior to or on outdate, having a complete knowledge of sterilization methods, requirements and responsibilities.
- Has knowledge of and observes all infection control policy and procedures at all times.
- Complies with department safety policies, procedures and protocol. Responsible to help ensure that the safety and physical well-being of patients, family members, visitors and co-workers are maintained.
- Delivers items processed by Sterile Processing. Orders and puts away supplies as needed.
- Works closely with the personnel in the Surgical Services Department, the Outpatient Care Center, and other Hospital departments in a cooperative effort. Demonstrates good customer relations and good telephone etiquette, responsive to physicians/staff/departmental and patient needs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Previous sterile processing experience (Preferred)
- High school diploma or equivalent and completion of an approved Central Service Technician training course program.
- Membership in the International Association of Hospital Central Service Material Management (IAHCSMM) or the American Society of Healthcare Central Service Professionals (ASHCSP) required within 1 year of hire date.
- 1 year experience in a central service department and/or related healthcare field required.
- Certification in Sterile Processing