Registered Nurse RFP Wound Ostomy Certified PRN
Req #: 17012882
Location: Tampa, FL
Job Category: Wound Care
Organization: Florida Hospital Carrollwood
Potential Referral Bonus: $
Florida Hospital Carrollwood
Conveniently located in beautiful north Tampa, just a short drive from Tampa International Airport on Dale Mabry Highway is Florida Hospital Carrollwood. We are proud to offer our neighbors advanced, compassionate care in a cutting-edge, state-of-the-art environment.
Our campus features our main hospital, an educational auditorium, a 20,000-sqaure-foot medical office building and another brand-new 54,000-square-foot medical office facility.
You will be responsible for
- Communicates with courtesy when interacting with internal or external customers—in person or on the telephone.
- Demonstrates respect for co-workers and develops positive working relationships with other departments.
- Uses the AIDET technique when interacting with patients.
- Incorporates Caring Model behaviors and culturally competent care into daily practice
- Demonstrates safe practice in the administration of wound care medications.
- Demonstrates sensitivity to pain management by alleviating and reducing pain to level acceptable to patient.
- Integrates ethical decision making into daily nursing practice
- Integrates research findings and Evidence Based Practice into practice
- Acts as a patient advocate
- Demonstrates critical thinking skills appropriate to level of experience
- Integrates population specific standards when planning care
- Demonstrates commitment to professional and personal growth-i.e. completes all mandatory educational requirements, maintains CWOCN certification, attends 75% of department staff meeting, acts as designated preceptor for new hires re: to wound/ostomy care, chairs wound resource nurse program, member of professional nursing organization, attends hospital wide committees, member of shared governance council.
- Works under the direction of the Wound Care Institute Director and Clinical Nurse Manager to provide care, works collaboratively to accomplish the goals of quality care.
- Works with the entire team to facilitate and maintain lines of communication.
- Works with front desk personnel to coordinate appointments with ancillary departments when therapy or procedures are ordered ensuring that needs are met for the patient in all areas.
- Provides the Clinical Nurse Manager with patient information required to facilitate care on a day to day basis.
- Provides patient care updates as appropriate to clinic Nurse Manager; assisting in the facilitation of daily Institute operations.
- Provides case management functions for patients as directed.
- Provides concurrent documentation of patient’s care in the electronic medical record.
- Maintains economical utilization of supplies and ensures that equipment is maintained in a clean and safe manner.
- Assesses the patient’s condition and nursing needs; sets goals; establishes appropriate nursing actions to meet those goals and the physical, psychological, social and rehabilitative needs of the patient, including discharge planning.
- Participates in team conferences in development of individualized nursing care plans as needed.
- Establishes and maintains communications and utilizes teaching opportunities with patients, and other significant individuals.
- Knowledgeable of departmental Safety Initiatives relative to the care of the Hyperbaric Medicine Patient. Visual observation and/or audible contact with the hyperbaric control panel and patients in hyperbaric chambers must be maintained at all times by the Hyperbaric Technologist.
- If Hyperbaric Technicians leave the hyperbaric room/environment, for any reason, they are responsible for obtaining coverage during their absence.
- Both the requesting and covering employee are responsible for observation and management of the hyperbaric environment and patient safety. Gives report to Technologist on return, reporting patient’
- Maintains all professional credentials on time and provides copies to Department Director, e.g. professional licenses and/or certifications.
- Maintains BLS as required by FH Tampa.
- Participates on committees as requested and possible, contributes on a regular basis in the identification of opportunities for process improvement.
- Participates in orientation of new personnel, may act as preceptor.
- Meets all continued education requirements to work in a specialized area of practice.
- Assists with or institutes emergency measures for sudden adverse developments in patients such as cardiac arrest or other emergencies.
What will you need:
- One year experience in a Wound Treatment Center.
- Strong team building skills
- Current Florida RN License
- Associate Degree in Nursing
- Two or more years of nursing practice experience.
- Two years of practice in which leadership and teaching competence has been demonstrated
- State issued license as Registered Nurse
- Completion of accredited Wound, Ostomy Education Program and/or a 40-credit-hr NBDHMT approved Hyperbaric Medicine Introductory Course; or successful completion of requirement to write and receive designation.
- Strong communication skills verbal and written.(Preferred)
- Knowledge of outpatient hospital services. (Preferred)
- Ability to work closely with physicians. (Preferred)
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Nursing (Preferred)