Occupational Therapist Full Time Days
Req #: 18000465
Location: Killeen, TX
Job Category: Rehabilitation Services
Organization: Metroplex Hospital
Potential Referral Bonus: $
Metroplex Health System
As a member of Adventist Health System, we believe that total health is achieved through a balance of physical, mental, social and spiritual well-being. With each patient’s unique circumstances in mind, our multi-disciplinary care teams provide a vast array of services, combining state-of-the-art technology with a personal commitment to creating an exceptional patient experience.
Our team members also enjoy outstanding care in the form of comprehensive health benefits, a friendly, faith-based work environment, and plenty of opportunities to learn and grow.
Our multi-facility campus includes 148 acute-care beds at Metroplex Adventist Hospital in Killeen, 60 psychiatric care beds in the nearby Metroplex Behavioral Health Center, and 25 beds at Rollins Brook Community Hospital in Lampasas. Through this Metroplex Health System, we offer a Women’s Center, Sleep Disorder Center, Endoscopy Center, Pediatric Rehabilitation Center, ICU, PCU, ED, imaging, surgery, home health services, and more.
- This OT position responsibility is to provide evaluations and treatment for patients within the scope of a licensed Occupational Therapist as defined by the Texas Occupational Therapy Practice Act and the Texas Board of Occupational Therapy Examiners.
- The OT department for Metroplex Health Systems has four locations two inpatient and 2 outpatient. Ever OT may have a primary department but may be asked to work in the other areas as well.
- Metroplex Health Systems Rehabilitation Outpatient Center in Killeen or Lampasas providing occupational therapy services to pediatric, adult and/or geriatric patients as needed, including supervision of COTA.
- Metroplex Hospital Inpatient- Killeen and Rollins Brook Hospital Inpatient and Swing bed - Lampasas.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs occupational therapy evaluations; establishes patient goals based on evaluation results, and develops occupational therapy plans to achieve established goals.
- Implements occupational therapy plans in concurrence of referring / attending physician.
- Provides high quality patient care and treatment to facilitate achievement of patient goals, maximize patient functional abilities, and optimize patient outcomes and quality of life.
- Effectively communicates with Occupational Therapist Assistant, referring/attending Physician, patient / family and other rehabilitation team members to ensure coordination and continuity of care.
- Accurately and promptly completes medical record data entry to document patient progress; accurately and promptly completes patient charge entry to support billing for services provided.
- Maintains knowledge of legal and regulatory requirements related to professional license, and ensures continuous compliance.
- Supports the mission, standards and goals of Adventist Health System, Metroplex Health System and the Rehabilitation Department by demonstrating behaviors and attitudes consistent a Christian healing ministry.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Basic knowledge and skills in occupational therapy evaluation techniques.
- Basic knowledge and skills in occupational therapy treatment techniques.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
- Must have a current Texas Occupational Therapist License.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Must be Graduate of a college-based or university-based Occupational Therapy training program accredited by the American Occupational Therapy Association / Commission on Accreditation in Occupational Therapy Education.
- Must have earned a minimum of a Master’s Degree in Occupational Therapy (unless “grandfathered” by the Texas Board of Occupational Therapy Examiners with a Bachelor’s Degree.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
- Advanced knowledge and skills in occupational therapy evaluation and treatment for pediatric, adult and/or geriatric patient as needed.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
- Clinical Doctorate degree in Occupational Therapy.
- Extensive experience in both adult and pediatric patient populations
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
- Specialty certification(s) in Occupational Therapy: Pediatric Behavioral Feeding Program.
- May provide clinical, but not operational, supervision to Occupational Therapist Assistants.