Clinical Informatics Educator Full Time Day Shift
Req #: 18000617
Location: New Smyrna Beach, FL
Job Category: Clinical/Medical Informatics
Organization: Florida Hospital New Smyrna
Potential Referral Bonus: $
Full Time Day Shift (40 Hours Per Week)
Florida Hospital New Smyrna
Since 1954, Florida Hospital New Smyrna (formerly Bert Fish Medical Center) has served as the community hospital for Southeast Volusia County. Our more than 700 employees use an impressive array of technology and years of knowledge to provide exceptional care for every patient – every day. We offer a wide range of services, including a surgery program, radiology, an oncology center, cardiovascular services, a wound care center, outpatient diagnostic services, and one of the busiest emergency departments of any hospital our size.Qualifications
You will be responsible for:
- Develop, implement and conduct end-user training program and classes for PowerChart, FirstNet, and SurgiNet applications and assist with implementation and workflows of applications that interface with Cerner.
- Develop educational documentation to inform end-users of system changes and develop educational documentation to remind end-users of inaccurate or infrequent use of existing system functionality.
- Directs, teaches and guides providers and hospital personnel, serving as a resource person and role model to aid in their learning process in clinical information systems.
- Ensure quality and accuracy of educational materials provided.
- Maintains departmental policies and procedures related to clinical information systems.
- Maintain current knowledge of all changes in system functionality.
- Update facility’s train domain as directed by AHS-IS.
- Maintain up to date and accurate list of usernames and passwords for the facility’s train domain.
- Work with all departments to ensure that policies/procedures and process workflows are consistent with clinical information system functionality where applicable.
- Work synergistically with all member of the Clinical Informatics team on various projects. Including cross coverage with the Informatics Specialist duties assisting staff and providers as needed.
- Serve as Project Lead as appointed by the Clinical Informatics Manager.
- Consistently meet competency and knowledge requirements deemed necessary by hospital, leadership, and education department.
- Assists in the assessment and evaluation of new processes related to computer systems and clinical documentation.
- Serves as a liaison between users, nursing, data processing, and ancillary departments for computer problems.
- All other duties as assigned within the scope of existing credentials
What will you need?
- RN preferred, with at least three years of clinical experience in an acute care facility and have experience with computerized clinical documentation.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent relevant experience.
- Associates degree required.
- Previous education experience preferred.
- Strong computer skills required
- Must be proficient in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint applications.
- Must have knowledge and skills necessary to deliver quality educational instruction to all levels of staff in a clear and concise manner in both written and verbal contexts.