Echo Vascular Tech PRN
Req #: 18000637
Location: San Marcos, TX
Job Category: Radiology/Imaging
Organization: Central Texas Medical Center
Potential Referral Bonus: $
Central Texas Medical Center
As a member of Adventist Health System, we believe that total health is achieved through a balance of physical, mental, social and spiritual well-being. With each patient’s unique circumstances in mind, our multi-disciplinary care teams provide a vast array of services, combining state-of-the-art technology with a personal commitment to creating an exceptional patient experience.
Our team members also enjoy outstanding care in the form of comprehensive health benefits, a friendly, faith-based work environment, and plenty of opportunities to learn and grow. In addition to earning the Gallup Great Workplace Award six years in a row, we have received a Mother-Friendly Worksite designation from the Texas Department of State Health Services.
Our 178-bed hospital includes a Level IV Emergency and Trauma Center, Women’s Center, Level II NICU, Sleep Improvement Center, Institute for Advanced Wound Care Healing, Rehabilitation Institute, home health and hospice care. Through our CREATION Health Institute, we also play an active role in offering free health education and community events to help support a healthy lifestyle.
What you will responsible for:
- Performs high quality diagnostic cardiovascular ultrasound procedures.
- Duties to include but not limited to cardiac, venous, carotids, and arterial sonography.
- Provide for patient safety during transport and testing related to procedure performed.
- Demonstrates proper use of imaging equipment and procedures associated with imaging patients of all ages.
- Document procedures including patient education, quality assurance and charge posting.
- Consistently assists in routine functions of department to maintain high patient satisfaction.
- Performs on-call procedures.
- Responsible for calibrating and cleaning all ultrasound equipment.
- Works closely with radiologists, cardiologists, and vascular surgeons to identify abnormalities resulting from exam.
What you will need:
- Associate's degree (A. A.) from an accredited school for Diagnostic Cardiac Ultrasonography
- One to two year of sonographer experience
- Certification from an accredited school for Vascular Sonography or equivalent, documented on-the-job training.
- Current certificate in C.P.R.
- Current adult echo license of RDCS or CCI
- Current vascular license of RVT or CCI