Emergency Department Unit Secretary
Florida Hospital North Pinellas is a full-service, 168-bed facility dedicated to helping our neighbors in beautiful Tarpon Springs and beyond. As a regional medical center, we offer a wide range of comprehensive services, testing and education opportunities for our community. We’ve been focused on meeting the needs of North Pinellas residents for nearly 90 years, and Florida Hospital has built its reputation for compassionate, patient-centered care for more than a century.
Important Note: Florida Hospital North Pinellas is a Smoke/Tobacco Free Campus.
Tobacco use is defined as the use of any tobacco product including the use of temporary aids to stop smoking such as nicotine patches, nicotine gum or other similar products.
Applicants being considered for employment at Florida Hospital North Pinellas will be tested for nicotine use as part of their regular pre-employment screening. Those who are identified as tobacco users will be ineligible for employment, but may reapply in six months
Drug Free/Tobacco Free Workplace
- Acts effectively as unit receptionist, answering the telephone with approved scripting, directing all incoming calls efficiently, receiving and directing visitors, documenting according to policy and maintaining all logs.
- Assist Physician with consult lists, phone calls, and on-call schedules.
- Assist charge and staff RNs with transfers. ASSIST IN DEVELOPING STREAMLINED PROCESS
- Coordinate with Administrative Supervisor for timely bed placement of admissions.
- Enters patient information into GE monitoring system.
- Coordinates effectively the maintenance of the physical environment (i.e. maintains supplies work order completion, etc).
- Respond to patient request e.g., ice, blankets.
- Utilizes good oral and written communication sufficient to meet job demands.
- Participates effectively in Performance Improvement activities as requested or needed.
- Maintains confidentiality of patient information within the hospital and community settings.
- Proactively maintain/ensure that nurses’ station is organized, clean, and de-cluttered.
- Maintains patient flow through proper identification of admissions and discharges.
- Review tracking shell continuously and update staff of prolonged wait times.
- Ensure provider orders do not have additional order that requires further order entry. Alert nurse if further order entry is required.
- Ensure Quality Measures are ordered and initiated.
- Ensure 1 sheet of patient labels per chart.
- Individuals must possess these knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and to demonstrate that s/he can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Basic computer skills and literacy
- Communication Skills: ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to use machines, tools, equipment and work aids as necessary to perform job duties.
- Medical terminology preferred.
- High School diploma or GED
- CPR certification, Florida Certified Nursing Assistant License within 3 months of employment
- Prior hospital or other clinical experience. Medical terminology. (Preferred)