GA-Clinic Radiology Technologist Ellijay
Gordon Hospital is a 69-bed community hospital that is a member of Adventist Health System, the largest not-for-profit Protestant healthcare system in the world. We provide high quality, personalized and compassionate care to its patients and community. Through our dedication to safety, rigorous self-assessment, performance improvement, corporate integrity, and service management, we are committed to being the pre-eminent provider of acute inpatient and outpatient healthcare services for the residents of Calhoun, Gordon County, and surrounding areas.
Full Time Days
Responsible for rendering professional clinical care within the medical practice in support of and as directed by the physicians/providers. Performs Radiographic-imaging procedures. Positions, moves, and transports patients. Performs clerical associated with performing x-rays. Performs basic patient care within scope of practice and to departmental standards. Responsibility to adhere to the Gordon Hospital Corporate compliance plan, to the rules and regulations of all local, state, and Federal agencies, and to the standards of all accrediting bodies.
- Performs those duties directly involved with a variety of technical procedures applying ionizing radiation for the purpose of detecting pathology.
- Regulates the equipment used to expose the x-ray film develops and organizes studies in the film room.
- Operates equipment safely and maintain A.L.A.R.A. standards while performing all types of procedures.
- Establishes and maintains a good rapport and professional relationship with fellow employees, other departments and medical staff.
- Direct patient responsibility for geriatric, adult, adolescent, pediatric, and neonatal patient care until the patient is returned to his/her room.
- One-year experience in radiology or a new graduate or a two-year radiology tech program.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- A.R.R.T Registered or registry eligible