Respiratory Therapist PRN Nights Gordon Hospital
Gordon Hospital is a 69-bed community hospital that is a member of Adventist Health System, the largest not-for-profit Protestant healthcare system in the world. We provide high quality, personalized and compassionate care to its patients and community. Through our dedication to safety, rigorous self-assessment, performance improvement, corporate integrity, and service management, we are committed to being the pre-eminent provider of acute inpatient and outpatient healthcare services for the residents of Calhoun, Gordon County, and surrounding areas.
The Respiratory Therapist will deliver safe and effective care, which is consistent with the standards of care for this discipline. This position requires the Respiratory Therapist to be knowledgeable and proficient in the treatment of respiratory and cardiovascular disorders for inpatients and outpatients under the direction of the Cardiopulmonary Clinical Coordinator and the Director of Inpatient Services. This position requires intimate knowledge of both departmental and hospital policies and procedures relating to the field of Cardiopulmonary sciences. This position functions independently within the critical care areas of the hospital.
- Initiates, maintains and monitors mechanical ventilation, BIPAP/CPAP and other ventilatory devices as required.
- May be required to perform pulmonary function testing.
- Performs electrocardiograms.
- Decontaminates ventilators after use, sets-up with new equipment and performs SST for next use.
- Participates in the Code Blue/Rapid Response/C-Section and High-Risk Deliveries.
- Associates Degree in Respiratory Care
- Must have a State of Georgia license as a Registered Respiratory Therapist.
- Must be BLS certified upon hire.
- ACLS, PALS, and NRP required within 6 months of hire date.