Registered Nurse (RN) III Surgery Room Part Time Days Gordon Hospital
Gordon Hospital is a 69-bed community hospital that is a member of Adventist Health System, the largest not-for-profit Protestant healthcare system in the world. We provide high quality, personalized and compassionate care to its patients and community. Through our dedication to safety, rigorous self-assessment, performance improvement, corporate integrity, and service management, we are committed to being the pre-eminent provider of acute inpatient and outpatient healthcare services for the residents of Calhoun, Gordon County, and surrounding areas.
The Registered Professional Nurse (RN) is responsible for the delivery of coordinated nursing care for a patient and/or assigned group of patients within a patient care and for the day-to-day management and supervision of the related clinical activities. The Registered Nurse is also responsible for supervising and responsibly directing the activities of various levels of assigned nursing and ancillary personnel utilizing both professional and supervisory discretion and independent judgment, while practicing within the State, facility and regulatory guidelines.
Addresses the psychosocial, physical and general aspects of care related to the surgical environment. Communicates with surgeon and anestheologist continuously and as needed about the patient condition. Assists with the maintenance of surgical equipment and inventory. Participates in performance improvement activities. Assesses operating room for equipment functioning and readiness, obtains supplies for individual cases and ensures all appropriate needs of surgical operating team are met. Monitors, positions and assists patient during procedure.
- Assessment – the nurse collects patient health data.
- Diagnosis – the nurse analyzes the assessment data in determining diagnosis
- Outcome Identification – the nurse iudenti8fies expected outcomes individualized to the patient
- Planning – the nurse develops a plan of care that prescribes intervention to attain expected outcomes
- Implementation – the nurse implements the interventions identified in the plan of care
- Evaluations – the nurse evaluates the patient’s progress toward attainment of outcomes
- Communicates patient’s rehabilitation status with other health care professionals to facilitate interdisciplinary continuity of care and appropriate discharge planning.
- Identifies continuing educational opportunities for resolution of knowledge deficits and/or for professional growth, demonstrates the ability to evaluate suggestions and criticisms objectively and whenever necessary undertakes to change his/her behavior or seek further guidance.
- Establishes professional goals in collaboration with supervisor annually and demonstrates compliance with an action plan to remediate deficiencies in performance identified by supervisor.
- BSN from accredited school of nursing
- Registered nurse license with the Georgia State Board of Examiners
- BLS Required
- ACLS Certification within 3 months of hire date
- PALS Certification within 6 months of hire date