Production Cook PRN/Day
Req #: 17014048
Location: Tampa, FL
Job Category: Nutritional Services
Organization: Florida Hospital Carrollwood
Potential Referral Bonus: $
Florida Hospital Carrollwood
Conveniently located in beautiful north Tampa, just a short drive from Tampa International Airport on Dale Mabry Highway is Florida Hospital Carrollwood. We are proud to offer our neighbors advanced, compassionate care in a cutting-edge, state-of-the-art environment.
Our campus features our main hospital, an educational auditorium, a 20,000-sqaure-foot medical office building and another brand-new 54,000-square-foot medical office facility.
You will be responsible for:
- Reports to work in a regular and timely fashion.
- Performs all work on production sheets in a timely fashion so as to meet meal deadlines.
- Maintains personal hygiene and neatness according to departmental standards.
- Performs proper handwashing techniques according to departmental standards.
- Utilizes gloves according to departmental standards.
- Uses hair restraints according to departmental standards.
- Utilizes clean aprons, towels and bleach buckets as needed.
- Ensures that utensils and equipment are clean prior to using.
- Cleans and sanitizes equipment after each use and between different food items.
- Wipes up spills after they occur in order to avoid accidents.
- Cleans cook boxes, coolers, kettles, steamers, ovens and production area daily.
- Uses correct cutting boards and sanitizes them between usage.
- Covers and dates food when storing to ensure freshness and safety.
- Checks all canned goods for damage and expiration date.
- Uses correct taste-test methods during food preparation, portioning out small amounts to taste.
- Opens kitchen.
- Unlocks coolers.
- Turns on ovens, steamer, warmer, plate and hot boxes.
- Retrieves production sheets each morning.
- Reviews and follows production sheets for preparation of meats, starches and breakfast items for all diets.
- Adheres to portion control by using proper utensils for measurement, scales and standardized recipes.
- Obtains stock from store room or coolers in order to set up for menu prep.
- Prepares all Café, Doctors’ Dining, and special hot menu items for patient meal service.
- Sets up hot food areas of Café according to established diagram layouts.
- Ensures hot food temperatures are within safe range and records temps at time of replenishing any food items.
- Keeps in constant communication with tray line supervisor in order to ensure food items are available and provide assistance as needed.
- Performs additional duties as required or assigned.
What will you need:
- Physical ability to perform designated job.
- At least 2 years’ experience in cooking in an institutional setting.
- High School graduate (Preferred)
- ServSafe Certification