Registered Nurse Manager
Florida Hospital Heartland
Florida Hospital Heartland Medical Center has provided faith-based, whole person care to the community for more than 65 years. That means we take into consideration the mind, body and spirit when designing each of our services and developing personalized treatment plans for patients. In addition to offering all-private rooms, our campus includes a comprehensive fitness center, community education center, and resource library to help community members achieve optimal health. We also house the area’s largest hospital-based laboratory, radiology services, and comprehensive diagnostic and treatment facilities.
Awards and Recognition
As a member of Adventist Health System, we have received the Gallup Great Workplace Award five years in a row for having one of the most engaged and best performing workforces in the world. We have also achieved HIMSS Level 6 for our electronic medical record adoption.
You will be responsible for:
1. Evaluates staff performance based on professional practice standards, relevant statutes, rules and regulations, and organizational criteria.
· Participates in the analysis of care delivery systems and the development/implementation of changes to enhance delivery of patient care.
· Manages patient care according to standards and the nursing process.
· Directs and intervenes with staff to maintain optimum care of patients.
· Develops and evaluates the staff’s clinical competencies.
· Serves as a resource person to staffing the delivery of care.
· Counsels and gives constructive direction to personnel as necessary and documents appropriately.
· Evaluates, completes, and maintains staff evaluations in a timely manner.
· Completes 4 week schedule and posts 2 weeks prior to the start of the schedule.
2. Provides effective fiscal management of the department.
· Participates in annual budget preparation for area of responsibility.
· Recommends staffing requirements based on volume, severity of illness, and standards for delivery of care.
· Manages productivity within budgeted parameters.
· Develops and proposes goals and plans for patient care area.
· Assures prompt resolution of charge capture discrepancies.
3. Identifies, develops, and implements performance improvement activities to enhance the delivery of patient care.
· Monitors patient length of stay and addresses issues.
· Participates in electronic medical record reviews and plans for staff development activities based on identified needs.
· Supports research and its integration into nursing and the delivery of healthcare services.
· Drives patient satisfaction outcomes by performing consistent Nurse Leader rounding and ensuring effective hourly nurse rounding.
4. Maintains a professional demeanor and serves as a role model for staff.
· Maintains clinical competencies
· Pursues educational and research opportunities for professional growth.
· Participates in community outreach programs.
· Serves as a liaison to the physicians, staff, and administration.
· Engaging our team through effective rounding on employees and other stakeholders (Rounding for Outcomes)
5. Develops, proposes, and implements goals and plans for patient care area
· Provides 24 hour oversight of assigned department.
· Promotes a safe working environment
· Interviews/recommends hiring of appropriate staff
· Communicates information from assigned meetings
· Maintains regulatory reporting requirements within stated parameters
· Participates in committees / teams as a member or leader
· Provides proper notification for absences as per hospital policy as evidenced by T/A records
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
· Minimum of Diploma in Nursing
· Three (3) years of leadership experience
· Communication and motivation skills
· Knowledgeable of patient service line
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED
· BSN, MSN or Masters in related field
· Demonstrates leadership & teaching abilities
· Three (3) years recent hospital experience in area of supervision.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
· Current Florida RN License
· BLS – condition of employment
· ACLS prior to or within 90 days of employment or transfer (with the exception of Behavioral Health)
· Restraint Management Training, Face to Face within 90 days of employment
· Crisis Management within 90 days of hire (Required except for ED-LP and Psychiatric Unit Managers)