Physician Practice Administrator
Req #: 18000570
Location: San Marcos, TX
Job Category: Physician Services
Organization: Live Oak Health Partners
Potential Referral Bonus: $
Central Texas Medical Center
As a member of Adventist Health System, we believe that total health is achieved through a balance of physical, mental, social and spiritual well-being. With each patient’s unique circumstances in mind, our multi-disciplinary care teams provide a vast array of services, combining state-of-the-art technology with a personal commitment to creating an exceptional patient experience.
Our team members also enjoy outstanding care in the form of comprehensive health benefits, a friendly, faith-based work environment, and plenty of opportunities to learn and grow. In addition to earning the Gallup Great Workplace Award six years in a row, we have received a Mother-Friendly Worksite designation from the Texas Department of State Health Services.
Our 178-bed hospital includes a Level IV Emergency and Trauma Center, Women’s Center, Level II NICU, Sleep Improvement Center, Institute for Advanced Wound Care Healing, Rehabilitation Institute, home health and hospice care. Through our CREATION Health Institute, we also play an active role in offering free health education and community events to help support a healthy lifestyle.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsible for the overall leadership and administration of Live Oak Health Partners. Ensures services are designed to meet the needs of the institution related to its stated mission, values, and goals.
To provide oversight, coordination, and management of Live Oak Health Partners physicians and staff.
This position requires a physician with a high level of initiative, business acumen, strategic thinking, communication and relationship building skills. The majority of duties require sound professional judgment and ability for confident decision-making. The individual must possess diplomacy, tact and a detailed, advanced level of understanding specific to the clinical, operational and financial operations of a complex multi-disciplinary medical group practice.
- Serves as Physician Practice Administrator for Live Oak Health Partners, a physician group practice owned and operated by Central Texas Medical Center.
- Provides administrative leadership for all strategic planning, clinical, operational, financial, accreditation, licensing and professional matters.
- Collaborates with physicians employed by Live Oak Health Partners.
- Coordinates practice development (volume growth) activities in collaboration with employed physicians.
Directly supervises employed physicians, directors, and managers who supervise a total of 2 to 40 employees. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of all employed physicians and associates.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. In conducting these activities, the Physician Practice Administrative Director will exercise independent judgement and discretion in the interest of LOHP and Central Texas Medical Center. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Effectively conducts counseling, disciplinary and termination sessions as needed, utilizing organizational and management skills. Analyzes performance and prepares evaluations, effectively conducts annual performance reviews for subordinates in accordance with organizational policy and procedure.Qualifications
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- Master’s degree in management, business administration (MBA, MHA or related field of study) or related area.
- Five plus years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Three years of medical management experience in a physician group practice.
- Leadership experience in private practice, the military, and/or academics.
- Strong financial background in physician practice reimbursement.