Total Joint Care Coordinator
Req #: 18000575
Location: Burleson, TX
Job Category: Orthopedics
Organization: Texas Health Huguley FWS
Potential Referral Bonus: $
Texas Health Huguley Hospital Fort Worth South
Operated as a joint venture between Texas Health Resources and Adventist Health System, we believe that total health is achieved through a balance of physical, mental, social and spiritual well-being. With each patient’s unique circumstances in mind, our multi-disciplinary care teams provide a vast array of services, combining state-of-the-art technology with a personal commitment to creating an exceptional patient experience.
Our team members also enjoy outstanding care in the form of comprehensive health benefits, a friendly, faith-based work environment, and plenty of opportunities to learn and grow. In addition to earning the Gallup Great Workplace Award six years in a row, we were also recognized as one of “150 Great Places to Work” by Becker’s Hospital Review.
Our 224-bed hospital includes a medical ICU, cardiovascular ICU, PCU, open heart surgery center and behavioral health. In addition, we have accredited programs in orthopedics, chest pain, and inpatient diabetes, plus an award-winning emergency department.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead regularly scheduled meetings with hospital administrators, the Center medical director, other physicians and key staff.
- Manage the build out and oversee the day-to-day facility operations within the Center.
- Develop standardized care plans with the surgeons including: pre-op, post-op and discharge orders.
- Ensure appropriate pre-op preparation for every patient.
- Develop and oversee the creation of pre and post-op teaching classes including the coordination of teaching materials with the physicians’ office.
- Monitor the measurement system for tracking surgical outcomes and patient satisfaction, and identify areas that require improvement.
- Provide key results at Leadership Team meetings and for other stakeholders as necessary. Key results may include: outcomes, progress against budget, patient satisfaction, complications, denied days, hospital-wide survey results, nurse call back results, etc.
- Coordinate patient satisfaction events:
- Call backs (when, who, how to report results)
- Patient luncheons
- Oversee the development and on-going editing of unit-specific forms and patient education materials including: Nurse Discharge Checklists, Coach Discharge Checklists, Patient Guidebooks, Daily Newsletters, Wall Hangings, and other standardized materials for the Center.
- Develop a community education and seminar program inclusive of schedules, presenters, content and materials.
- Create and oversee an ongoing quality improvement plan.
- Identify patient amenities and secure necessary resources to administer the services.
What you will need:
- Able to complete and/or experience with all job responsibilities.
- Experience with patient/staff education.
- Proven leadership experience, having managed resources either directly or within the implementation of a new initiative.
- Able to communicate with patients, family and staff in a professional, friendly manner.
- Proven working relationship with surgeons.
- Strong detail-orientation and follow-up capacity.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Demonstrated success in relationship building.
- Ability to keep team focused on goals/timelines.
- Customer service focused.
- Strong data analysis skills, requiring interpretation of clinical results to develop program improvement projects.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience preferred
- Clinical background – RN, PT, PA-C, CRNP, preferred.
- Supervises Total Joint Care Center staff