Registered Nurse Ambulatory Care FT Days
Req #: 18000571
Location: New Smyrna Beach, FL
Job Category: Nursing
Organization: Florida Hospital New Smyrna
Potential Referral Bonus: $
Florida Hospital New Smyrna:
Since 1954, Florida Hospital New Smyrna (formerly Bert Fish Medical Center) has served as the community hospital for Southeast Volusia County. Our more than 700 employees use an impressive array of technology and years of knowledge to provide exceptional care for every patient – every day. We offer a wide range of services, including a surgery program, radiology, an oncology center, cardiovascular services, a wound care center, outpatient diagnostic services, and one of the busiest emergency departments of any hospital our size.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assesses and diagnoses patient and family needs in order to provide quality care to assigned patients.
- Develops, discusses and communicates a plan of care for each patient in collaboration with patient / family / significant other to address all identified needs.
- Demonstrates the skills and judgment necessary to implement medical plan of care, nursing interventions and procedures as necessary for the care of the patient.
- Evaluates problems, care provided and patient’s responses to ensure overall quality of care.
- Maintains up-to-date and accurate documentation of nursing care provided to ensure the integration of information for use by the healthcare team to ensure quality care.
- Maintains current knowledge / certification / licensure, and pursues professional growth and development.
- Functions as a role model for current and new staff.
- Performs all responsibilities / duties required by the ambulatory care unit as defined in the scope of service, to ensure that the unique nature of the client is addressed.
- Other duties as business needs arise.KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Computer proficiency required.
- Competency with IV management.
- Demonstrated proficiency in acute-care nursing, knowledge, and skills.
- Handles multiple priorities.
- Independent discretion/decision making.
- Makes decisions under pressure.
- Manages anger / fear / hostility.
- Manages stress appropriately.
Works alone effectively.Works in close proximity to others and/or in a distracting environment.
- Works with others effectively.
- Fluent in the English language (spoken and written).
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
- Current FL Registered Nurse.
- BSN Preferred
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED: