Nurse Tech PRN M/S Surgical Unit Per Diem Days
Req #: 18000866
Location: Palm Coast, FL
Job Category: Patient Care
Organization: Florida Hospital Flagler
Potential Referral Bonus: $
Per Diem / Days
Florida Hospital Flagler
At Florida Hospital Flagler, we’re deeply rooted in the community and strive to extend the healing ministry of Christ in everything we do. Our recently constructed, state-of-the-art hospital in Palm Coast, Florida is equipped with the latest technology, specially trained experts, and advanced care centers.
Florida Hospital Flagler is owned and operated by Adventist Health System, a faith-based health care organization. Through our Christian mission of hope, health and healing, we strive to promote wellness of mind, body and spirit. At Florida Hospital Flagler, providing the best possible care to our community requires hiring the best possible care providers.
• The Joint Commission has recognized Florida Hospital Flagler as a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures.
• Accredited Orthopedic Center of Excellence from The Joint Commission. The Joint Commission has also recognized Florida Hospital Flagler as a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures
• Recognized by the American Heart Association as a Platinum-Level Fit-Friendly Worksite
• “A” rating on patient safety from The Leapfrog Group based on our exemplary services, processes and structures.
• Designated Breast Imaging Center of Excellence according to the American College of Radiology (ACR).
• Commission on Cancer Accreditation recognizing commitment to provide exceptional care to patients
• Named a Gallup Great Workplace Award winner for fifth year in a row.
You will be responsible for:
- Performs as a team member in assisting with safe and effective care routine and activities of daily living. Assists patients with their activities of daily living including but not limited to basic hygiene, skin care, nutritional and dietary needs, elimination needs, physical activity needs and all comfort measures. Maintains respect and privacy at all times.
- Performs the basic general patient care routines and tasks in a safe, competent, therapeutic and cost-effective manner.
- Demonstrates the ability to organize, prioritize and complete the various tasks duties and routines of a busy patient care workload in a timely manner.
- Notifies the Department Nurse Manager or shift Clinical Leader and the appropriate Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse of any deviation from routine or assigned tasks for assistance and review.
- Acts as a communication liaison for the patient, facility and interdisciplinary health care team.
- Demonstrates knowledge and competence in communicating and providing basic are to the following age specific patient populations: the geriatric patient, the adult patient and the adolescent patient in a caring, compassionate manner.
- Demonstrates knowledge and ability to provide care to the following scope of patients, but not limited to, the medical patient, the orthopedic patient, the pre and post-surgical patient, and the telemetry monitored patient.
- Demonstrates knowledge, competence and compassion in the care of patients with pain. Observes for and provides age appropriate comfort measures to all patients within the scope of practice.
- Communicates all observed (verbal and nonverbal) and reported complaints of pain to the appropriate nurse and charge nurse.
- Assists nurse with patient admissions, transfers, discharges, pre-ops and post-ops patients per hospital routines.
- Notifies charge nurse and nurse promptly upon completion of admission, transfer/discharge of patient.
- Assists the licensed nurse with the transferring of patients to other health care facilities. Copies appropriate parts of the patient’s medical record needed for transfer or discharge.
What will you need?
- High school diploma or (GED) equivalent is required
- Must be currently enrolled in an approved school of nursing program
- Must maintain a current Basic Life Support Card