Medical Assistant Float Pool FT Days in Orange City/Deland
Must be Bilingual.
Must be Bilingual.
Florida Hospital HealthCare Partners
Florida Hospital HealthCare Partners is an employed physician group that enjoys a mutual partnership with Florida Hospital Deland, Florida Hospital Fish Memorial, Florida Hospital Flagler, Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center, and Florida Hospital Oceanside, based upon the close alignment of our mission and values. If you’re interested in delivering world-class care alongside our team of highly skilled professionals, we encourage you to apply today.
You will be responsible for:
- Performs initial response-screening following protocols under the direction of the supervising physician.
- Performs initial and ongoing assessment of patients, utilizing established guidelines.
- Responsible for helping practice and physician achieve all meaningful use measures.
- Cleans, prepares and maintains examinations rooms and treatment areas.
- Prepares patients for examinations, procedures and treatments.
- Assists with examinations, procedures, and treatments.
- Prepares and administers oral and parenteral (excluding IV) medications and immunizations as directed by supervising physician and as permitted by state law.
- Maintains medication and immunization records
- Organize and review incoming test results and forward to physician.
- Tracks impending test results.
- Follows up with patients as needed.
- Recognizes and responds to emergencies
What will you need?
- American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA), American Medical Technologist (AMT), National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT), National HealthCare Association (NHA), or American Medical Certification Association (AMCA) Certification is required to be active prior to employment and must be maintained throughout employment. American Registry of Medical Assistants (ARMA) Certification will be accepted for employees who began employment prior to June 30, 2016, but the certification must not lapse or else is required to then obtain AAMA, AMT, NCCT, NHA, or AMCA Certification
- BLS required
- Minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent and graduation from a vocational or other technical school with training or apprenticeship.
- Position requires a well-integrated level of technical knowledge and education equivalent to 1-2 years of college in the field.
- Minimum of 1 year of related work experience or completed an accredited Medical Assistant program with completion of an externship is required
- For non-certified MA, a minimum of 5 years of MA experience and must be certified within 30 days from the date of hire.
- Candidate must also be proficient and possess current working knowledge in the use of MS Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Internet.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal, inter-personal and organizational skills are also required.
- Job duties require self-motivation and persistence; along with strict, self-imposed time management and using discernment when prioritizing projects and daily workload. Seeks further education and personal growth