Nurse Navigator Cancer Services Oncology Full Time Days Gordon Hospital
Gordon Hospital is a 69-bed community hospital that is a member of Adventist Health System, the largest not-for-profit Protestant healthcare system in the world. We provide high quality, personalized and compassionate care to its patients and community. Through our dedication to safety, rigorous self-assessment, performance improvement, corporate integrity, and service management, we are committed to being the pre-eminent provider of acute inpatient and outpatient healthcare services for the residents of Calhoun, Gordon County, and surrounding areas.
Navigates Gordon Hospital Cancer center patients through their diagnosis and treatment ensuring timely services. Is responsible for the full continuum of cancer patients from screening to detection, diagnosis, treatment and survivorship follow up. The Cancer Navigator will meet with patients/families to provide emotional support and guidance from diagnosis and through end-stage disease if necessary. The Navigator will provide medical information, education, and knowledge of referring resources. Navigator will be responsible for facilitating rapid scheduling and follow-ups on patients. Tracking patients to ensure completion for their recommended treatment plans will also be performed. The nurse navigator will promote the Navigator program and cancer prevention, detection and treatment awareness to the community through presentations and participation in cancer related organizations. Navigator will attend appropriate programs; health fairs and events as needed and make presentations to appropriate groups. Navigator will assist the Oncology Services Team in planning, developing and implementing new or expanded programs/services.
- Facilitate the navigation of patients with cancer, as a single point of contact. Ensure efficient and coordinated services through the screening, diagnosis, treatment and support/educational services.
- Establish and maintain positive open communication (verbal and written) and relationships with; referring physicians, surgeons, radiologists, radiation oncologists and medical oncologists to provide quality care to patients with health concerns. Ensures communication with referral physician happens through each stage of the patient’s treatment, without fail.
- Facilitates patient continuity of care between hospital departments and provides patient follow-up for laboratory, radiology and pathology procedures.
- Serves as a resource for patients with health concerns. Answers questions about health concerns, provide and/or participate in cancer health lectures and educational outreach programs, health fairs, corporate affiliated events; available for television, print and radio marketing, as needed.
- Educates patients concerning what can be expected prior to, during and after diagnosis and treatment procedures. Develops and revises patient educational materials. Provides staff and community education as required.
- A minimum of an Associate’s Degree in Nursing
- GA license required
- BLS Required
- 1 to 2 years of positions related experience required