Case Cart Tech Surgery Room FT Days
Req #: 17012769
Location: Tampa, FL
Job Category: Supply Chain/Purchasing
Organization: Florida Hospital Tampa
Potential Referral Bonus: $
Florida Hospital Tampa
Our hospital has celebrated many firsts in Tampa’s health care history since we opened our doors in 1968. Today, more than four decades later, Florida Hospital Tampa continues to offer innovative medicine as we elevate health care in the Tampa Bay region.
At Florida Hospital Tampa, our diverse clinical specialties provide world-class health care to our patients. We offer the most trusted, expert care in key specialties including cardiovascular care, neurosciences, orthopedics, women's health, cancer and surgery. Our skilled surgeons not only utilize minimally invasive and robot-assisted procedures, but they are also leaders in improving these advanced techniques.
You will be responsible for:
- Receives stores, issues and inputs charges for supplies and equipment.
- Reports inventory discrepancies/shortages to the Inventory Control Coordinator Assists with the investigation of these concerns:
- Assists with receiving and restocking incoming supplies and ensures items are stored in the proper unit of issue in assigned locations.
- Assists in preparing all necessary documentation for returns and exchanges area.
- Assists with cycle counts as assigned by the Inventory Control Coordinator.
- Tracks additional supplies dispensed from the case cart.
- Fills PAR list needs for the surgical areas. Issues inventory, or informs appropriate Materials Management personnel to issue inventory in the Lawson System.
- Functions as a resource to OR Staff, Physicians, Materials Management, Vendors and other department for supply and inventory issues.
- Communicates location and supply level suggestions/changes and problems to Inventory Control Coordinator on a regular basis.
- Assists Materials Management staff in arranging with local institutions for the lending, borrowing and buying of products as required.
- Identifies charge number discrepancies to the Supervisor, Case Cart.
- Follows-up with Inventory Control Coordinator on ordered items and back orders until the products are received.
- Assists in determining reasons for supply budget and inventory variances; assists with the development and implementation of strategies to reduce supply expense and inventory.
- Demonstrates knowledge of surgical procedures and competency for the equipment/instruction necessary to perform these procedures:
- Functions as the Shift Leader
- Directs case cart activities as assigned.
- Responsible for inter-shift communication.
- Accountable to the Supervisor, Case Cart for all shift activities.
- Performs Specified Computer Functions
- Prints pick lists as needed. Maintains a current hard copy of each pick list.
- Performs issues and other inventory functions in the Lawson System daily.
- Works with Supervisor, Case Cart, Surgical Specialty Coordinators and designated surgical staff to assist with updating preferences lists in a timely manner.
- Supports the Various Surgical Areas Supply Needs
- Picks cases accurately as documented on the individual pick lists.
- Provides temporary substitutions, as per area nurse management/designee, for a procedure when necessary and communicates this to OR Staff.
- Edits patient charge document(s) after the procedure is completed.
- Assists all surgical areas with obtaining supplies in both elective and emergency situations.
- Works with Scheduling Office to prevent/resolve equipment conflicts. Coordinating with all surgical areas twenty four hours in advance of procedures in order to guarantee availability of needed items.
- Works with the vendors and the equipment techs to provide the surgeons and patients with one-time patient charge items for specific procedures. Generates information with surgeon’s office as needed.
- Functions as a Communication Liaison for the Clinical Areas During Weekend, Evening, Night and Holiday Periods.
- Functions as the communication point for the department of surgery. Relays information between managers, coordinators, surgeons, anesthesia, surgery staff, and other departments/individuals as needed.
- Coordinates urgent/emergent procedure communication. Acts to resolve problems/conflicts as they occur. Able to prioritize and direct team functions.
- Provides support services to non-surgical areas as needed for surgical supply/equipment issues.
- Performs Environmental Functions
- Rotates stock as directed by the Inventory Control Coordinator.
- Cleans the area and equipment as directed following unit standards.
- Maintains the Case Cart area as a clean environment. Verifies items returned to the area are not contaminated with bio hazardous material. Follows appropriate procedures for cleaning equipment prior to allowing it into the area.
- Performs Additional Duties as Required or Assigned.
What will you need?
- Assist OR staff and co-workers in a professional and timely manner.
- Independently deliver stock to all the following departments: MOR, CVOR, ODSC, WCOR, SSS and Recovery.
- Good oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- Cross-trained to work independently in other case cart departments throughout the health system.
- Ability to utilize Lawson for inventory item inquiries
- Ability to perform credits/issues.
- Has the knowledge and ability to independently perform the following:
- Print a schedule
- Print add-on cases
- Review the schedule-check for cancellations, add-ons, and preference list changes
- Has the ability to locate items in Case Cart when requested by the OR.
- Has the skills and knowledge to identify specific items needed for a case.
- Has the skills and knowledge to assist the OR with the set-up and opening of items for a case.
- Ability to print a schedule for implant review (PRTSCH4).
- Has the skills and knowledge to identify specific implants.
- Has the skills and knowledge to locate and deliver implants.
- Ability to take call and respond in a timely manner to emergency situations
- Ability to troubleshoot and substitute items when needed.
- Has the skills and knowledge to identify a missing item and contact the appropriate personnel. (i.e. Buyer, Inventory Control, Supervisor, and other hospitals).
- High School graduate or equivalent is required.
- Graduate of recognized Surgical Technologist Program, or other training which provides education in medical terminology, supply nomenclature, and usage, and inventory management required.
- Experience sufficient to successfully perform the assigned duties and responsibilities of the position and provide demonstrated in the following areas.