Certified Surgical Tech Operating Room FT Days $2500 Sign on and Relocation
Florida Hospital Fish MemorialFor a young hospital built in 1994, Florida Hospital Fish Memorial has a long history dating back to 1952. Beginning as a humble, 50 bed facility more than six decades ago, we’ve grown to become one of Volusia County’s most comprehensive and trusted healthcare resources. With Florida Hospital's tremendous resources and expertise, our community hospital has continued to thrive due to constantly improving advanced medical technologies and experienced clinical talent. Through our dedication to excellence we have been recognized as Orlando Sentinel’s "Top 100 Companies for Working Families" for 9 consecutive years. We also received the Performance Achievement Award from the Medicare Quality Improvement Organization of Florida, as well as, the 24th Annual Commissioner’s Business Recognition Award from the Florida Educational Foundation and Florida Department of Education. As a member of Adventist Health System, Florida Hospital Fish Memorial operates as a not-for-profit organization focused on improving the health of the community it serves. This is a direct reflection of our mission to extend the healing ministry of Christ with skill and compassion." Best of all, it’s just a short trip from some of Florida’s most exciting attractions—and minutes from the beaches in Daytona!
By treating each patient with care and compassion, Operating Room staff help fulfill our mission of Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Nurses who enjoy serving on a team in a fast-paced environment are needed to care for patients with a wide range of conditions related to vascular, orthopedic, ENT, GYN, and urology disease processes. Two years of experience in an OR setting is required; CNOR preferred, but not mandatory.Qualifications
You will be responsible for:
- Ensuring supplies and equipment are available and in working order for all surgical procedures.
- Assisting in setting up and preparing Operating Room for assigned surgeries.
- Verifying exposure to sterilization process and integrity of sterile packaging. Opens supplies aseptically.
- Establishing and maintaining a sterile field for each surgical procedure.
- Assisting in room turn over.
- Assisting with the safe transfer and positioning of patients when possible.
- During surgical procedures, will anticipate the needs of the surgeon with a consistent level of competency.
- Assisting in stocking rooms and updating supplies.
- Demonstrating ability to operate sterilizer and all equipment in the OR suite.
- Demonstrating good interpersonal skills by a willingness to help others and acceptance of constructive criticism.
- Picking supplies and equipment for surgical cases utilizing physician preference cards.
- May be required to clean, inspect, prepare, wrap and sterilize surgical trays in the SPD area as staffing/volumes require.
- High school graduate
- Graduate of a nursing program or graduate of a scrub tech approved program for Certification required
- One year previous OR Tech experience or graduate from approved Surgical/OR tech school
- Certification is required
- BLS required