Pharmacy Technician PRN
Florida Hospital Flagler
At Florida Hospital Flagler, we’re deeply rooted in the community and strive to extend the healing ministry of Christ in everything we do. Our recently constructed, 99 bed state-of-the-art hospital in Palm Coast, Florida is equipped with the latest technology, specially trained experts, and advanced care centers.
Florida Hospital Flagler is owned and operated by Adventist Health System, a faith-based health care organization. Through our Christian mission of hope, health and healing, we strive to promote wellness of mind, body and spirit. At Florida Hospital Flagler, providing the best possible care to our community requires hiring the best possible care providers.
• The Joint Commission has recognized Florida Hospital Flagler as a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures.
• Accredited Orthopedic Center of Excellence from The Joint Commission. The Joint Commission has also recognized Florida Hospital Flagler as a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures
• Recognized by the American Heart Association as a Platinum-Level Fit-Friendly Worksite
• “A” rating on patient safety from The Leapfrog Group based on our exemplary services, processes and structures.
• Designated Breast Imaging Center of Excellence according to the American College of Radiology (ACR).
• Commission on Cancer Accreditation recognizing commitment to provide exceptional care to patients
• Named a Gallup Great Workplace Award winner for fifth year in a row.Qualifications
- Assists the pharmacist in preparation of medication orders and accurately prepares medications for patients/departments/Pyxis
- Pulls medication and IV labels and correctly prepares dose(s) for final check by pharmacist
- Promptly, accurately, and efficiently delivers/sends checked medications to appropriate areas in a timely and efficient manner to ensure availability of medications for patients
- Correctly performs necessary calculations in preparation of doses
- Fills medication orders/labels/Pyxis/other medications according to Policy and Procedure. Completes all related paperwork/records/reports in a timely, efficient and accurate manner
- Utilizes aseptic technique in the preparation of IV admixtures and complies with all 797 requirements
- Accurately prepares unit dosing/compounding in a timely and efficient manner and maintains required records
- Identifies potential problems and resolves or makes recommendations to correct
- Maintains the work area
- Work area is maintained in a clean and orderly condition. This encompasses the entire work environment
- Restocks all work areas to appropriate levels in preparation for the next shift
- Medications that need to be ordered are communicated
- Checks work area for expiration dates and removes any outdated medications
- Operates equipment in a safe and effective manner. Maintains equipment with adequate supplies
- Orders/obtains needed supplies/medications necessary to maintain pharmacy workflow
- Properly answers telephone and assists hospital staff at the door/window in an appropriate, courteous, efficient, timely and effective manner
- Properly identifies themselves by name and position when answering calls
- Performs other related duties as assigned by a pharmacist/manger/director
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- FL licensed Pharmacy Tech
- Previous hospital experience preferred
- CPHT Certification preferred