Enviornmental Services Attendant PRN
Per Request needed
Florida Hospital DeLand
For over 50 years, Florida Hospital DeLand, a full-service, 156-bed acute care hospital located in DeLand, FL, has served the West Volusia area and surrounding communities. Florida Hospital DeLand has grown to include Florida Hospital DeLand Victoria Medical Park, Florida Hospital Digestive Health Center and the Florida Hospital DeLand Cancer Institute. We are fully accredited by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Health Care Organizations; which includes being awarded their Gold Seal of Approval. Our efforts to strive for excellence has led to being voted “Best Hospital and Best Rehab” by Best of the West — Daytona News Journal and a Top 100 Company for Working Families in Central Florida.
At Florida Hospital DeLand, we believe that better quality of care leads to better quality of life, so we’re committed to providing each of our patients the absolute best medical care in the most cutting-edge facilities possible, all in a caring, compassionate, neighborly environment. Our mission is to offer hope and healing to all of our patients in conjunction with our mission to extend the healing ministry of Christ within our community.Qualifications
What you will be responsible for:
- Ensures a safe, clean and well maintained facility on a daily basis. Travels to assigned areas and responds to overhead pages and or the use of the pager.
- Daily stocks cart with paper products and cleaning solution. Cleans patient rooms, public areas, restrooms, offices and ancillary rooms in assigned areas.
- Collects and disposes of trash (contaminated or non-contaminated) in an appropriate manner. Collects and stages soiled linen for pick up.
- Procedures include but are not limited to: sweeping, dust mopping, damp mopping, high dusting, wall washing, scrubbing, bed making and vacuuming.
- Demonstrates a complete knowledge of infection control, isolation procedures and proper operation of cleaning equipment related to cleaning.
- Documents all work that has been performed. Maintains appropriate level of knowledge related to sanitizing and making beds, with full concept of cleaning of the operating rooms.
What you will need:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- A minimum of 6 months Environmental Services experience is desired
- Must have the ability to read, write and understand English.
- Must be able to read and understand Material Safety Data Sheets, product labels, various reports and do basic arithmetic.
- Must be able to follow oral, written assignments and have full knowledge of basic environmental duties.