Endoscopy (GI LAB) Technician PRN Days
Day, Per Diem (1 weekday and 1 weekend per month of call required)
Florida Hospital Waterman
Florida Hospital Waterman is a career destination for individuals who feel a calling to help fulfill our mission of providing whole-person care that is highly compassionate and clinically first-rate. Drawn by that mission, team members also appreciate our state-of-the-art hospital, which is strikingly situated on a lovely lakeside campus, approximately 1 hour Northwest of Orlando. In August 2003, the hospital opened the doors of this replacement facility on Hwy 441 in Tavares. The 450,000 square foot, 269-bed acute care facility offers the latest in medical technology. Each patient room is private, and the uniquely designed "clover leaf" patient care units consist of 60 beds per floor. The Emergency Department is sized to accommodate up to 60,000 visits per year.
Florida Hospital Waterman is committed to meeting our region's growing need for advanced comprehensive cardiac care. As part of that commitment, we are expanding our range of services to include interventional cardiology and open heart surgery services. At Florida Hospital Waterman, you'll enjoy a satisfying career and lifestyle as you help carry out our vital mission. We invite you to join our team!Qualifications
You will be responsible for:
- Demonstrates knowledge of instrumentation and supplies needed for specific endoscopy procedures.
- Knowledge of high level disinfection techniques for endoscopes.
- Functions as assistant during procedures.
- Knowledgeable in handling of specimens.
- Effective communication with patients and team members.
- Responds to emergency situations.
- Participates in cost containment.
- Maintains skills competency.
- Maintains clean and orderly work environment.
- Coordinates daily technician assignments and technician call schedule.
- Responsible for training and orientation of technicians and other assistants and documentation of training.
- Coordinates ordering of supplies and maintenance of equipment and documentation of repairs.
What will you need?
- High school graduate
- Basic Life Support Certification
- Must be proficient in the English language.
- Knowledge of sterile technique