Req #: 18000933
Location: Burleson, TX
Job Category: Radiology/Imaging
Organization: Texas Health Huguley FWS
Potential Referral Bonus: $
Texas Health Huguley Hospital Fort Worth South
Operated as a joint venture between Texas Health Resources and Adventist Health System, we believe that total health is achieved through a balance of physical, mental, social and spiritual well-being. With each patient’s unique circumstances in mind, our multi-disciplinary care teams provide a vast array of services, combining state-of-the-art technology with a personal commitment to creating an exceptional patient experience.
Our team members also enjoy outstanding care in the form of comprehensive health benefits, a friendly, faith-based work environment, and plenty of opportunities to learn and grow. In addition to earning the Gallup Great Workplace Award six years in a row, we were also recognized as one of “150 Great Places to Work” by Becker’s Hospital Review.
Our 224-bed hospital includes a medical ICU, cardiovascular ICU, PCU, open heart surgery center and behavioral health. In addition, we have accredited programs in orthopedics, chest pain, and inpatient diabetes, plus an award-winning emergency department.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
Performs mammography procedures at a technical level not requiring constant supervision of technical detail. Performs a variety of technical procedures that will require independent judgment, with ingenuity and initiative to apply prescribed ionizing radiation for radiologic diagnosis. Assumes responsibility for designated areas or procedures as assigned.
- Practice safe procedures and adheres to radiation safety measures under the supervision of the Radiology Manager or the Radiologist.
- Maintains radiation protection standards for patients, employees and self during exposures as outlined in the State of Texas Regulations for Control of Radiation.
- Maintain a high degree of accuracy in mammography positioning and exposure technique.
- Use professional and ethical judgement and critical thinking when performing their duties.
- Documents incidents, reactions and/or unusual occurrences at time of incident.
- Identifies patient according to name band and verbally verifies name when possible.
- Stocks Mammography rooms with required supply items as listed in rooms and monitored by Manager.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- Graduate of approved AMA program of Radiologic Technology.
- Must be Registered ARRT. Must be licensed in the state of Texas.
- Registered in Mammography.