Home Health LPN PRN Days
Req #: 18000678
Location: Sebring, FL
Job Category: Home Care
Organization: Florida Hospital Heartland
Potential Referral Bonus: $
Florida Hospital Heartland
Florida Hospital Heartland Medical Center has provided faith-based, whole person care to the community for more than 65 years. That means we take into consideration the mind, body and spirit when designing each of our services and developing personalized treatment plans for patients. In addition to offering all-private rooms, our campus includes a comprehensive fitness center, community education center, and resource library to help community members achieve optimal health. We also house the area’s largest hospital-based laboratory, radiology services, and comprehensive diagnostic and treatment facilities.
You will be responsible for:
- The performance of this position requires substantial knowledge, skilled observation skills, and other more general nursing skills based upon applied principles of psychological, biological, physical, and social sciences which include, but not limited to:
- Performs care of assigned patients. Ensures assessment and documentation of continued skilled need, monitoring of homebound status, completes interdisciplinary communication and discharge planning.
- Addresses all nursing diagnoses identified in the Plan of Care.
- Ongoing evaluation and education of client in holistic manner. Reassess the patient as directed by the Registered Nurse.
- Communicates with RN Case Manager, Patient Care Supervisor and physician for direction and clarification when concerns are noted. Communicates with team to facilitate interdisciplinary continuity of care and appropriate discharge planning.
- Participates in care conferences and other case reviews.
- Receives and provides hand-off report to RN Case Manager.
- Assures physician orders for care meet regulatory requirements.
- LPNs are supervised by the RN as often as necessary but at least every sixty days.
- Provides point of service accurate, correct documentation according to agency/regulatory policy and procedures.
- Maintains proficiency in clinical skills.
- Completes patient visits in a timely manner per schedule assignment.
- Attends scheduled staff meetings.
- Participates in Performance Improvement studies as requested.
- Demonstrates good time management skills.
- Must be fluent in the English language
- Background check meets organizational guidelines
- Minimum 1 year nursing experience as a LPN with skills in cardiac, med/surge, or critical care nursing.
- Current Licensed Practical Nurse State of Florida License (Required)
- Basic Life Support certification – condition of employment (Required)
- Valid Florida driver’s license, safe driving record and reliable transportation
- Home care experience (Preferred)
- Broad clinical background in areas such as medical/surgical, intensive care (Preferred)
- Demonstrates moderate computer skills (Preferred)
- Two years of experience in Medicare Certified Home Health Agency (Preferred)