Certified Nursing Assistant Home Health FT Days
Our Mission is to extend the healing ministry of Christ.
Employees are hired to help Adventist Health System extend the healing ministry of Christ. They are expected to exhibit a continuous behavior of professionalism, which includes but is not limited to, treating customers and co-workers with respect and dignity, aligning behavior with customer service principles, maintaining customer and patient confidentiality, abiding by employee guidelines for professional behavior, appearance, and communication, exhibiting teamwork behaviors, being effective in conflict resolution, helping others to understand issues and accept changes, demonstrating high standards of work performance and flexibility, maintaining positive interdepartmental relationships, keeping a positive attitude, and adhering to the policies and procedures of the organization.
This position is accountable for assisting the health professional by providing personal health care services and assistance with activities of daily living to the patient as specifically identified in a written assignment and necessary for the accomplishment of patient care plan goals.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
All essential functions must be performed. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with qualified disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Perform personal care activities and supportive services for residents as assigned by RN.
- Function in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Document personal care and patient care activities rendered.
- Communicate pertinent information to the RN Case Manager and other team members.
- Respond to resident/family requests in a timely manner.
- Perform activities in a manner consistent with safety and with caring attitude.
- Maintains a clean, safe and healthy environment for patients.
- Participate in team meetings or review meetings as assigned.
- Participate in upgrading knowledge and skills through attendance at selected staff development programs.
- Attend in-service training as scheduled, but at least three (3) hours per quarter.
- Attend staff meetings as scheduled.
- Works weekends on a rotating basis as scheduled.
- Complete related tasks as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Able to work in uncontrolled environment
- Experience as Nurse Aide in an institutional setting at least (1) year.
- Successful completion of the Home Health Aide Competency written test prior to performing independent home visits.
- Maintains twelve (12) hours continuing education
- Certified Nursing Assistant by Florida Department of Public Health meets CMS requirements (484.36) or (e).
- Valid Florida driver’s license
- CPR certification
- Automobile liability insurance
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
Additional languages - Spanish
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
Have at least one (1) year employment experience as Nurse Aide in Home Care Setting.