Cook Full Time Days
Since 1954, Florida Hospital New Smyrna (formerly Bert Fish Medical Center) has served as the community hospital for Southeast Volusia County. Our more than 700 employees use an impressive array of technology and years of knowledge to provide exceptional care for every patient – every day. We offer a wide range of services, including a surgery program, radiology, an oncology center, cardiovascular services, a wound care center, outpatient diagnostic services, and one of the busiest emergency departments of any hospital our size.
- Follows culinary production records in the preparation of patients and retail food production.
- Small batch cooks and/or cooks to order to ensure quality and temperature of food.
- Checks prep/pull sheets for the following day and pulls/preps foods as needed.
- Prepares attractive and palatable food for patient therapeutic and regular diets in quantities dictated by the food production sheets and room service tickets.
- Prepares food for the café and catering.
- Set up and garnish patient and café steam tables; may also participate in set up and/or serving of catering.
- Maintains sanitary conditions of floors, stove, worktables and other equipment used in the performance of duties; records temperatures appropriately following HACCP Guidelines.
- Assists in putting up stock and maintains rotation of stock, keeps storage areas organized and sanitary, with all foods labeled and dated.
- Minimizes waste of food by following production sheets and correct portioning of food, as well as through rotation of stock and appropriate handling and storage of all food.
- Attends culinary production meetings for effective team communication.
- High school graduate or equivalent is required.
- One year of foodservice experience in a high volume culinary production capacity required.
- Knowledge of cooking methods required.
- Must have ability to read, write, and follow oral and written instruction in English.
- Culinary degree preferred.
- Experience in institutional healthcare or hospitality industry preferred.