XRay Technologist PRN Gordon Hospital
Req #: 18000917
Location: Calhoun, GA
Job Category: Radiology/Imaging
Organization: Gordon Hospital and Murray Medical Center
Potential Referral Bonus: $
Gordon Hospital is a 69-bed community hospital that is a member of Adventist Health System, the largest not-for-profit Protestant healthcare system in the world. We provide high quality, personalized and compassionate care to its patients and community. Through our dedication to safety, rigorous self-assessment, performance improvement, corporate integrity, and service management, we are committed to being the pre-eminent provider of acute inpatient and outpatient healthcare services for the residents of Calhoun, Gordon County, and surrounding areas.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsible for the quality and efficiency of the Radiology Department. Performs Radiographic-imaging procedures. Positions, moves, and transports patients. Performs clerical duties. Assists Radiologist in performance of special imaging procedures. Performs basic patient care within scope of practice and to departmental standards. Responsibility to adhere to the Gordon Hospital Corporate compliance plan, to the rules and regulations of all local, state, and Federal agencies, and to the standards of all accrediting bodies.
- Performs those duties directly involved with a variety of technical procedures applying ionizing radiation for the purpose of detecting pathology.
- Regulates the equipment used to expose the x-ray film develops and organizes studies in the PACS.
- Operates equipment safely and maintain A.L.A.R.A. standards while performing all types of procedures.
- Establishes and maintains a good rapport and professional relationship with fellow employees, other departments and medical staff.
- Direct patient responsibility for geriatric, adult, adolescent, pediatric, and neonatal patient care until the patient is returned to his/her room or until outpatient is discharged.
- Administers intravenous injections according to policy and procedures of the Imaging Department.
- If he/she is ARRT, Cat Scan, NM, US, or mammography licensed, they will be expected to rotate from each modality as needed.
- He/she will be expected to participate in Performance Improvement projects as needed.
What you will need?
- Must be a graduate from and accredited Radiology Program
- Must be ARRT Registered
- Prior radiology experience preferred