House Supervisor PRN - Murray Medical Center
Req #: 18001105
Location: Chatsworth, GA
Job Category: Nursing
Organization: Gordon Hospital and Murray Medical Center
Potential Referral Bonus: $
Gordon Hospital is a 69-bed community hospital that is a member of Adventist Health System, the largest not-for-profit Protestant healthcare system in the world. We provide high quality, personalized and compassionate care to its patients and community. Through our dedication to safety, rigorous self-assessment, performance improvement, corporate integrity, and service management, we are committed to being the pre-eminent provider of acute inpatient and outpatient healthcare services for the residents of Calhoun, Gordon County, and surrounding areas.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
The House Supervisor is the Administration and Patient relations representative after regular business hours and is the clinical resource facilitator for the nursing areas. The House Supervisor facilitates intradepartmental communication and activities and ensures the delivery of quality patient care by complying with and enforcing policies and procedures, mission, vision and core values of the facility.
- Provides clinical and administrative supervision after regular business hours.
- Manages hospital personnel and other resources to meet the identified standards, goals, and department requirements.
- Makes regular rounds to identify problems and facilitate efficient/ effective resolution
- Reviews reports relative to activities throughout the hospital, initiating or responding with appropriate communication and/or action.
- Supports and implements the established nursing care standards.
- Attends regular meetings with management personnel to facilitate problem resolution, information exchange, planning and timely communication within the Department and Hospital.
- Facilitates and coordinates resources as needed to meet unanticipated hospital situations.
- Reviews and interprets policies and procedures within the hospital.
- Serves as a Super User for Cerner
- Performs Bed Placement Coordinator function
- Performs patient rounding to support department directors in HCAHPS efforts
- Performs service recovery duties for patient/family complaints and issues
What you will need?
- 2 years wide range of Clinical experience in nursing with at least one year minimum of charge nurse experience
- Current licensure in the state of Georgia as a Registered Nurse.
- Current certification in BCLS, ACLS and PALS.
- BSN preferred