Registered Nurse Surgery Recovery PACU PRN Days
Florida Hospital New Smyrna:
Since 1954, Florida Hospital New Smyrna (formerly Bert Fish Medical Center) has served as the community hospital for Southeast Volusia County. Our more than 700 employees use an impressive array of technology and years of knowledge to provide exceptional care for every patient – every day. We offer a wide range of services, including a surgery program, radiology, an oncology center, cardiovascular services, a wound care center, outpatient diagnostic services, and one of the busiest emergency departments of any hospital our size.
You will be responsible for:
- Actively participates in direct patient care (geriatric, adult, adolescent, and pediatric), while analyzing and interpreting patient specific information to assess and reassess the individual nursing care plan.
- Demonstrates critical thinking skills when interpreting changes in patient’s immediate post-operative condition. Communicates patient information to all appropriate caregivers, to assure effective continuum of care.
- Demonstrates competence in the management and interpretation of all patient monitoring devices in the PACU environment.
- Provides accurate, timely documentation in Surginet and Power chart while utilizing the nursing process of assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation to deliver competent, effective, cost efficient patient care.
- Participates in the revision and review of unit specific policies and procedures, while actively engaging in unit goals and performance improvement.
- Maintains appropriate infection control measures and maintains a safe patient environment.
- Assists in the care and maintenance of equipment and stocking the unit with supplies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associates Degree in Science or Diploma graduate.
- Registered Nurse licensure in the State of Florida.
- Requires a minimum of one year critical care RN experience or previous PACU experience.
- This position requires special training specific to critical care nursing.