Surgical Aide Surgery Room PRN Days
At Florida Hospital Flagler, we’re deeply rooted in the community and strive to extend the healing ministry of Christ in everything we do. Our recently constructed, state-of-the-art hospital in Palm Coast, Florida is equipped with the latest technology, specially trained experts, and advanced care centers.
Florida Hospital Flagler is owned and operated by Adventist Health System, a faith-based health care organization. Through our Christian mission of hope, health and healing, we strive to promote wellness of mind, body and spirit. At Florida Hospital Flagler, providing the best possible care to our community requires hiring the best possible care providers.
• The Joint Commission has recognized Florida Hospital Flagler as a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures.
• Accredited Orthopedic Center of Excellence from The Joint Commission. The Joint Commission has also recognized Florida Hospital Flagler as a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures
• Recognized by the American Heart Association as a Platinum-Level Fit-Friendly Worksite
• “A” rating on patient safety from The Leapfrog Group based on our exemplary services, processes and structures.
• Designated Breast Imaging Center of Excellence according to the American College of Radiology (ACR).
• Commission on Cancer Accreditation recognizing commitment to provide exceptional care to patients
• Named a Gallup Great Workplace Award winner for fifth year in a row.
We offer career opportunities in a variety of setting from physician office practices, to acute care, home care and hospice. If Florida Hospital Flagler sounds like your next career destination, we encourage you to apply today at https://ahs.taleo.net/careersection/95flagler/jobsearch.ftl?lang=en&src=cws-10380
You will be responsible for:
- Transports patients to department in a timely manner. Interacts with patients in a professional and courteous manner.
- Maintains unit supply and equipment inventories as indicated.
- Performs surgical preps in accordance to established policy and protocol.
- Assists with patient positioning and lifting
- Communicates with medical staff, and all indicated ancillary services to assure an appropriate continuum of patient care.
- Assists with the assembly of operating room equipment
- Cleans surgical areas and equipment using established cleaning processes within required timeframes.
- Maintains appropriate infection control measures and maintains a safe patient environment
- Assists in the application of splints, casts, and other rigid dressings.
- Provides traction application of varying degrees of complexity under direct physician guidance.
- Assists with delivery of surgical specimens to the laboratory.
- Stocks all work areas and replenishes rotating inventories as directed.
- Obtains and delivers items essential for patient care as directed.
- Assures safe disposal of bio-hazardous materials.
- Adheres to standards of universal precautions.
- Assists operating room staff personnel in the smooth transition between surgical cases.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school graduate or equivalent is required.
- CNA or other direct patient care experience
- Must maintain current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
- One year experience in healthcare setting required
- Six months customer service or equivalent is necessary.
- Basic computer skills required.