Housekeeping Tech PRN Variable Schedule
Req #: 18000580
Location: Hendersonville, NC
Job Category: Environmental Services
Organization: Park Ridge Health
Potential Referral Bonus: $
Park Ridge Health
Park Ridge Health has provided whole-person care to the Henderson County community for more than 100 years. Inspired by our mission of Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ, we continually look for ways to bring hope, health and healing to the patients we have the honor of caring for. As a member of Adventist Health System, one of the largest faith-based healthcare organizations in the U.S., we also offer world-class opportunities for our team members to learn, grow and serve across the nation.Qualifications
Perform the duties of unit environmental maintenance, insuring a clean environment. Assist with maintaining an adequately stocked and organized department. Ability to stand for extended period of time. Some lifting required.
You will be responsible for:
- Cleans all areas of the hospital by performing certain assigned duties safely.
- Performs routine cleaning of patient rooms, nursing unites, offices, clinical areas, waiting areas, lobbies, lounges, rest rooms, corridors, elevators and stairways in a clean, neat and sanitary manner.
- Utilize the appropriate chemicals and supplies according to procedure.
- Uses and maintains equipment properly.
- Transports trash and hazardous waste to appropriate disposal area.
- Replenishes supplies.
- Follow all infection control practices including hand washing techniques, standard precautions and isolation precautions.
- Distribute and manage placement and removal of clean and/or soiled lined in accordance to department protocol.
- Maintains set quality standards when performing job duties.
- Works day, evening or night shifts as assigned.
- Ability to work independently with normal supervision.
- Fill in as needed to cover regular daily duties when EVS personnel are called out or on vacation.What will you need?
- High school graduate/GED
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing required.
- Healthcare Environmental Services experience preferred.