Certified Medical Assistant/Patient Service Rep FT Days
Req #: 18000771
Location: San Marcos, TX
Job Category: Physician Services
Organization: Live Oak Health Partners
Potential Referral Bonus: $
Central Texas Medical Center
As a member of Adventist Health System, we believe that total health is achieved through a balance of physical, mental, social and spiritual well-being. With each patient’s unique circumstances in mind, our multi-disciplinary care teams provide a vast array of services, combining state-of-the-art technology with a personal commitment to creating an exceptional patient experience.
Our team members also enjoy outstanding care in the form of comprehensive health benefits, a friendly, faith-based work environment, and plenty of opportunities to learn and grow. In addition to earning the Gallup Great Workplace Award six years in a row, we have received a Mother-Friendly Worksite designation from the Texas Department of State Health Services.
Our 178-bed hospital includes a Level IV Emergency and Trauma Center, Women’s Center, Level II NICU, Sleep Improvement Center, Institute for Advanced Wound Care Healing, Rehabilitation Institute, home health and hospice care. Through our CREATION Health Institute, we also play an active role in offering free health education and community events to help support a healthy lifestyle.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
To assist the physician(s)/extender(s) in providing patient care. To attend to the front office needs of patients and visitors, both in person and on the telephone.
- Responsible for assisting front office/back office as needed.
- Obtain and record vital signs and subjective information from the patient regarding their visit.
- Prepare the patient for examination.
- Administer injections, administer medications, perform laboratory tests and venipuncture as directed by the supervising physician/extender.
- Assist in office surgery and procedures.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Three to six months related experience and/or training in patient registration or billing in a healthcare setting.
- Three to six months medical technology related experience and/or medical training.
- Current certificate in C.P.R.
- Current certification as a Certified Medical Assistant in the state of Texas.
- Six months of casting experience preferred.