Req #: 18001097
Location: Killeen, TX
Job Category: Physician Services
Organization: Metroplex Clinic Physicians
Potential Referral Bonus: $
Metroplex Health System
As a member of Adventist Health System, we believe that total health is achieved through a balance of physical, mental, social and spiritual well-being. With each patient’s unique circumstances in mind, our multi-disciplinary care teams provide a vast array of services, combining state-of-the-art technology with a personal commitment to creating an exceptional patient experience.
Our team members also enjoy outstanding care in the form of comprehensive health benefits, a friendly, faith-based work environment, and plenty of opportunities to learn and grow.
Our multi-facility campus includes 148 acute-care beds at Metroplex Adventist Hospital in Killeen, 60 psychiatric care beds in the nearby Metroplex Behavioral Health Center, and 25 beds at Rollins Brook Community Hospital in Lampasas. Through this Metroplex Health System, we offer a Women’s Center, Sleep Disorder Center, Endoscopy Center, Pediatric Rehabilitation Center, ICU, PCU, ED, imaging, surgery, home health services, and more.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Family Nurse Practitioner role will facilitate clinic operations with screening, evaluations and some procedures as trained by his/her supervising physician. Appropriate credentialing will be necessary prior to independent procedure practice on patients as governed by the credentialing office, as well as the confidence of the supervising physician. Delivery of patient care will be conducted in collaboration with the supervising physician and referring physicians including, but not limited to, physical exams, diagnosis and treatment, order and interpret tests, counsel on preventative health, write prescriptions, and assist the supervising physician.
Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all. Under administrative guidance and physician supervision, will provide comprehensive services for patients and their families.
- Demonstrates, through behavior, Metroplex Hospital’s core values of Integrity, Compassion, Balance, Excellence, Stewardship, and Teamwork
- Assessment of patient health status through physical exam reviews patient history, diagnostic tests and procedures, and review labs and other critical data.
- Assess, diagnose, treat, perform routine physicals (athletic, WIC, etc…)
- Determines patient and family needs during initial assessment, provides services in accordance with hospital and clinic health services policies.
- Consults with supervising physician when needed regarding treatment plan
- Recognizes and identifies life threatening situations, responding with immediate action according to protocol
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- Nurse Practitioner - must have successfully completed undergraduate and Master’s level-nursing programs from an accredited school of nursing and passed state boards.
- All Individuals in this position must have state of Texas license or a license from a qualifying compact state.
- Minimum 1 years of clinically relevant family medicine experience
- Nurse Practitioner: Current, valid State of Texas Board of Nursing Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner license
- National Nurse Practitioner certification by either:
- the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) or
- the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners (AANP) or become certified within five (5) years of completion of master’s degree.
- And, as applicable:
- the National Certification Corporation (NCC)
- American Heart Association certifications: BLS