Patient Care Tech II Emergency Department Full Time Evenings
Req #: 18001226
Location: Orange City, FL
Job Category: Patient Care
Organization: Florida Hospital Fish Memorial
Potential Referral Bonus: $
Full time Evenings
Florida Hospital Fish Memorial
For a young hospital built in 1994, Florida Hospital Fish Memorial has a long history dating back to 1952. Beginning as a humble, 50 bed facility more than six decades ago, we’ve grown to become one of Volusia County’s most comprehensive and trusted healthcare resources. With Florida Hospital's tremendous resources and expertise, our community hospital has continued to thrive due to constantly improving advanced medical technologies and experienced clinical talent.
Through our dedication to excellence we have been recognized as Orlando Sentinel’s "Top 100 Companies for Working Families" for 9 consecutive years. We also received the Performance Achievement Award from the Medicare Quality Improvement Organization of Florida, as well as, the 24th Annual Commissioner’s Business Recognition Award from the Florida Educational Foundation and Florida Department of Education.
As a member of Adventist Health System, Florida Hospital Fish Memorialoperates as a not-for-profit organization focused on improving the health of the community it serves. This is a direct reflection of our mission to extend the healing ministry of Christ with skill and compassion." Best of all, it’s just a short trip from some of Florida’s most exciting attractions—and minutes from the beaches in Daytona!
What you will responsible for:
- Documentation, Monitoring, Hygiene, Procedures, Daily inventory
- Assists patients with their activities of daily living including but not limited to basic hygiene, skin care, nutritional and dietary needs, elimination needs, physical activity needs and all comfort measures. Maintains respect and privacy at all times
- Performs basic patient care unit routines including but not limited to the following: obtain and document vital signs (temperature, pulse, blood pressure, and respirations), pass ice water every 4 hours, keep patient rooms stocked with gloves, replace unit sharp containers per policy, keep patient rooms in a reasonably clean and appropriate condition, keep patient bedside trays within a safe reach at all times.
- Demonstrates knowledge and ability in communicating and providing basic care to the patients in a caring, compassionate manner to accomplish quality patient care outcomes and patient satisfaction.
- Respond to patients request and needs in a timely manner.
- Maintain a positive courteous, compassionate attitude with all Patient/Visitors/Staff and Physicians interactions/encounters.
- Inform Patient with plan of care task and activity that will be carried out.
- Maintain Patient satisfaction by providing and maintaining personal care/needs
- Assists in proper care and maintenance with the use of all unit and patient care equipment
- Demonstrates knowledge & competence in the use of restraints, the application of restraints and the required monitoring & care of the patient in restraints.What you will need:
- High school diploma or (GED) equivalent is required.
- Current State of Florida Certified Nursing Assistant/Nursing Assistant Certificate or a Patient Care Technician certificate.
- Must maintain a current Basic Life Support Card.