Transfer Center Registrar Full Time Day
Full Time, Days
Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center
Our goal at Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center is simple: to offer our patients the absolute best care around, in the most compassionate, community-focused setting possible.
Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center consists of two campuses: a 277-bed main hospital in Daytona Beach and a 119-bed hospital in Ormond Beach, as well as our new outpatient facility, located at the Pavilion at Port Orange. Through our Christian mission of hope, health and healing, we strive to promote wellness of mind, body and spirit. We are a recipient of the 2012 Governor’s Sterling Award, which is the highest award an organization in Florida can receive for performance excellence.
More than 400 physicians hold privileges to practice at our facilities, and we employ more than 1,700 care-team members. Our specialties include cardiology, cancer, emergency care, surgical services, obstetrics, neurosurgery, stroke care, rehabilitation, weight-loss surgery, imaging, laboratory, home health, wound care, diabetes, hospice, physician practices and women’s services.
Patients and families from across the country appreciate Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center’s unique culture. Our cutting-edge technology is accompanied by the holistic environment and patient-centered care that have defined Florida Hospital for more than a century. Best of all, it’s just a short trip from some of Florida’s most exciting attractions—and minutes from the Sunshine State’s premier beaches.Qualifications
- Obtains demographic/ insurance information through patient and/or family member interviews.
- Maintains Knowledge base of navigating the Bed Board System.
- Interviews patient or family member to gather demographic and insurance information including patient address, next of kin, guarantor, religion, insurance companies and plans.
- Ensures patient orders are received when needed and include the required information including physician signature, diagnosis and ordered tests.
- Ensures Insurance Requirements and Authorizations are obtained to guarantee proper reimbursement.
- Knowledge of Insurance Companies and requirements to obtain authorizations.
- Knowledge of On-Line verifications and authorization systems including but not limited to Availability, WebMD and UnitedHealth Care.
- Knowledge of Medicare Medical Necessity requirements.
- Maintaining knowledge of the collections and cashiering functions.
- Acts as cashier.
- Reconciles cash drawer.
- Collects all Co-Pays and Deductibles due at time of service.
- Assist as needed to answer phones at Florida Hospital Patient Access Center.
- Deals with confidential and sensitive information on a routine basis.
- May be first point of contact within FHMMC with patients, physicians and physician’s office staff.
- Direct contact with hospital department directors/managers.
- Process and print CD’s, reports, and film requests.
- Ensures all patient instructions are completely understood by the physician, physician’s office staff or patient.
- Gathers and documents orders.
- Orders received via the fax are logged into the Cerner scheduling systems.
- Faxes received are scanned into the X-Drive and appropriately renamed.
- Ensures a positive relationship with physicians and physician’s office staff to increase physician satisfaction.
- Maintains a high level of Patient Access knowledge to complete the Registration process in a timely and effective manner.
- Ability to make independent judgments.
- Decisions are frequently made with guidance from a supervisor.
- Occasionally trains others, as in orientation of new employees and training of new skills.
- Requires a high school diploma or GED.
- Minimum One year of Customer Service
- Minimum One year of Clerical Experience
- Some computer and typing training required
- Many patients and families are under stress and tact is required to handle patient interaction.
- Must be able to deal with upset and angry patients and families in a calm and professional manner.
- Voice must be pleasant in face to face conversations.