Endoscopy Associate Lead Full Time
In addition to the job responsibilities of an Endoscopy Associate, the Lead Endoscopy Associate oversees the coordination of supplies and resources, precepts and trains new endoscopy associates, functions as a resource for difficult procedures, troubleshoots equipment problems, provides input into the budgeting process, assists in establishing and monitoring standards of practice for endoscopy associates, coordinates and provides continuing education for endoscopy associates in conjunction with the Surgical Services educators, is a role model for service management, participates in professional organizations/activities, participates in quality improvement activities on the unit, complies with regulatory agency requirements, responds to emergency situations as directed by the Team Leader or Nurse Manager.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Build and maintain relationships with members of supply chain team
· Review and establish par levels
· Review and manage orders with materials management
· Facilitate special orders
· Identify department needs
· Establish and maintain relationships with product representatives
· Facilitate introduction of new products
· Schedule in-services, in coordination with Surgical Services educator
· Manage concerns with orders and device functionality, recalls, etc.
· Participate in and/or conduct in-services
· Serve as preceptor to new employees and during advanced procedures
· Identify needs, based on procedure type
· Maintain preference cards
· Identify physician preferences
· Maintain availability to perform as primary associate or provide emergency coverage as needed
· Function as a resource or consultant among leadership at sister hospitals
· Develop and maintain professional relationships with physicians and allied health professionals
· Engage physicians to understand their needs
· Facilitate growing practices by ensuring availability of products
· Communication physician preferences and clinical needs to leadership and business manager
· Assists with development of new procedures.
· Orients, precepts and trains new endoscopy associates and provides input into the performance evaluations of endoscopy associates.
· Assists in developing competencies for endoscopy associates and provides input into evaluating competency levels.
· Maintains satisfactory participation and attendance at required and non-required meetings and staff development programs.
· Demonstrates evidence of continuous professional development:
Identifies own learning needs and seeks opportunities for self-growth and career advancement.
Attends annual mandatory in-service, required meetings and continuing education.Qualifications
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
· Patient care knowledge and skills
· Working knowledge of and ability to use computer and perform data entry.
· Ability and willingness to work a flexible workweek, including weekends, nights and overtime as required.
· Knowledge, interpersonal skills, technical skills, and critical thinking skills in the delivery of patient care including emergency/high pressure situations.
· Capable of lifting 35 lbs. independently
· Interpersonal skills
· Critical thinking skills
· Leadership skills
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
· High level of expertise/competency in assisting on endoscopy procedures.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· High school graduate or equivalent.
· Minimum two years’ experience in Endoscopy setting.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
· Valid American Heart Association (AHA) Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
Complete SGNA Associates Program within first six (6) months of employment