Req #: 18001051
Location: Killeen, TX
Job Category: Accounting/Finance
Organization: Metroplex Hospital
Potential Referral Bonus: $
Metroplex Health System
As a member of Adventist Health System, we believe that total health is achieved through a balance of physical, mental, social and spiritual well-being. With each patient’s unique circumstances in mind, our multi-disciplinary care teams provide a vast array of services, combining state-of-the-art technology with a personal commitment to creating an exceptional patient experience.
Our team members also enjoy outstanding care in the form of comprehensive health benefits, a friendly, faith-based work environment, and plenty of opportunities to learn and grow.
Our multi-facility campus includes 148 acute-care beds at Metroplex Adventist Hospital in Killeen, 60 psychiatric care beds in the nearby Metroplex Behavioral Health Center, and 25 beds at Rollins Brook Community Hospital in Lampasas. Through this Metroplex Health System, we offer a Women’s Center, Sleep Disorder Center, Endoscopy Center, Pediatric Rehabilitation Center, ICU, PCU, ED, imaging, surgery, home health services, and more.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Analyzes financial statement trends and reports findings to CFO.
- Identifies and researches financial variances in a timely manner.
- Maintains general ledger records to ensure accuracy of all reporting.
- Evaluates the reimbursement of hospital programs to determine the profitability of service lines.
- Prepares the global and departmental budget at the direction of the CFO, assisting leadership in building departmental budgets.
- Performs, as necessary, “reasonable estimates” when all detailed facts are not available or cannot be determined.
- Participates in preparation of documentation for regulatory organizations/agencies such as IHA and AHA, and in special projects as assigned by the CFO.
- Communicates and interfaces with corporate reimbursement and finance staff.
- Supervises Accounting/Finance staff.
- Ensures internal controls are in place for all facilities.
- Develops, implements and evaluates policies, standards, educational services, and programs that support the department.
- Assists managers in understanding hospital reimbursement systems and payment methodologies.
- Educates and advises managers/supervisors regarding calculation of hospital net patient revenue.
- Uses cost/managerial accounting techniques to review and explain productivity reporting to non-financial people.
- Demonstrates initiatives in developing, implementing and analyzing quality improvement activities and outcomes of the department.
- Shows evidence of productivity as measured by the goals of worked & paid FTE’s, and actively manages the overall department budget.
- Identifies and corrects environmental and practice safety issues.
- Contributes to the recruitment and retention of employees.
- Resolves employee satisfaction concerns in a timely manner, assuring they have been thoroughly investigated and appropriate actions taken, including notification of Human Resources if necessary.
- Resolves patient satisfaction concerns in a timely manner, assuring they have been thoroughly addressed and appropriate action taken.
- Submits reports and requests for information by established deadlines.
- Employee performance evaluations completed (administered, signed by the employee and submitted to Human Resources) within 30 days prior to or 30 days after the employee’s anniversary date.
- Represents Metroplex Health System in a professional manner to employees and community members.
- Supports the mission of the organization by participating in community and hospital-based programs.
- Promotes professionalism in appearance, positive attitude, and confidentiality.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Directly supervises all non-exempt (hourly) employees & exempt employees in the Accounting/Finance Department.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. In conducting these activities the Accounting Manager will exercise independent judgement and discretion in the interest of Central Texas Medical Center. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Effectively conducts counseling, disciplinary and termination sessions as needed, utilizing organizational and management skills. Analyzes performance and prepares evaluations, effectively conducts annual performance reviews for subordinates in accordance with organizational policy and procedure.Qualifications
What you will need:
- Bachelor's degree from Four‑year College or university
- Master’s degree in Business/Finance/Accounting preferred
- This position plays a key role in emergency preparedness/response at Metroplex Health System, and this position is required to complete the NIMS training courses for Healthcare within 6 months of hire. NIMS 100, 200, 700 & 800 certification.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Effective communication among employees, and between employees, patients, visitors and supervisors is essential to ensure quality patient care and to avoid misunderstanding, errors and miscommunications which could have a detrimental effect on the health, safety and well-being of patients and co-workers. In addition to these communication and safety concerns, individuals in this position must be able to effectively review patient financial and related medical records, understand nurse and/or physician written instructions, read labels of hazardous chemicals and supplies used in the office setting. Therefore, to prevent misunderstandings, errors, and miscommunications in the provision of quality patient care and other job-related services, employees in this position are required to have the capability of fluently speaking, reading, and writing English.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Knowledge and experience in performing the duties associated with financial analysis.
- Basic computer experience
- Healthcare software computer systems preferred