Req #: 18001150
Location: San Marcos, TX
Job Category: Physician Services
Organization: Live Oak Health Partners
Potential Referral Bonus: $
Central Texas Medical Center
As a member of Adventist Health System, we believe that total health is achieved through a balance of physical, mental, social and spiritual well-being. With each patient’s unique circumstances in mind, our multi-disciplinary care teams provide a vast array of services, combining state-of-the-art technology with a personal commitment to creating an exceptional patient experience.
Our team members also enjoy outstanding care in the form of comprehensive health benefits, a friendly, faith-based work environment, and plenty of opportunities to learn and grow. In addition to earning the Gallup Great Workplace Award six years in a row, we have received a Mother-Friendly Worksite designation from the Texas Department of State Health Services.
Our 178-bed hospital includes a Level IV Emergency and Trauma Center, Women’s Center, Level II NICU, Sleep Improvement Center, Institute for Advanced Wound Care Healing, Rehabilitation Institute, home health and hospice care. Through our CREATION Health Institute, we also play an active role in offering free health education and community events to help support a healthy lifestyle.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
To provide acute, diagnostic, maintenance and preventive care to pediatric, adult and geriatric patients in a primary care setting in accordance with the policies, procedures and approved protocols of the clinic.
- Provides care for assigned patients within scope of practice including assessment, ordering and interpreting of diagnostic tests, diagnosis, development of treatment plan, prescribing of medications, and/or referral to specialist when appropriate.
- Provides adequate documentation in patient chart and accurately identifies ICD9 and CPT codes on encounter form.
- Ensures proper patient follow-up. Maintains active communication with physician supervisors regarding chart reviews and quality improvement.
- Supervises the skills and performance of assigned medical technician(s).
- Follows all departmental safety policies and procedures regarding patient care and one’s personal protection and patient safety.
- Promotes and participates in teamwork with physician’s, other extenders, and clinic personnel.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must hold a current certificate in C.P.R.
- Must hold a current license as a Physician Assistant by the Texas State Board of Physician Assistant Examiners.