Physician Business Development FT/Day
Req #: 18000964
Location: Tampa, FL
Job Category: Marketing & Communications
Organization: Florida Hospital Carrollwood
Potential Referral Bonus: $
YOU ARE REQUIRED TO SUBMIT A RESUME WITH YOUR APPLICATION!
FT / Day
Florida Hospital Tampa
You will be responsible for:
Relationship Development: Manage targeted physicians/practices for the purposes of referral development and retention.
- Identify, initiate and maintain contact with targeted referral sources.
- Develop target physicians in assigned territory for the purpose of presenting services and fostering business relationships.
- Manage prospect list and territory database for highest impact and to meet assigned goals.
- Make face-to-face contacts and presentations to all current referring physicians and potential prospects.
- Proactive field work with targeted physicians and their office staffs to identify needs (needs assessment/profile) and begin a strategy for matching their needs with organizational offerings that benefit physician.
- Develop relationship sales funnel with identified organizational resources to progress and further engage the referring physician with the hospital
- Develop physician profiles to tract intelligence, referral desires and potential of referral relationship between hospital and the physician.
- Develop and coordinate team presentations with service line managers and specialist to referring physicians.
- Regularly share service line enhancements with referring physicians on behalf of the organization.
- Documents physician visits, contacts, issue resolution, and market intelligence in the customer relations management software.
- Implement the hospital’s issue resolution process and ensure personal roles as liaison for information between parties.
- Manage issues in objective fact gathering manner to ensure internal constituents receive adequate and appropriate information to act upon. Develop appropriate messages on behalf of organization about issues and value of solutions to physicians.
- Provide information internally to facilitate physician access to service, issues resolution and to new services, hospital staff members or patient service offerings.
- Act as liaison for customer service issues to ensure physician information is received by the correct operations or administrative staff member and that issue process is being managed proactively.
- Utilize market intelligence in a quantified and prioritized report for leadership to ensure overall resource allocations to correct issues and for new products/services opportunities.
- Work with senior management to learn strategic messages and services for position with referring physicians.
- Relationship Management Process: The personal self-management of the relationship selling process-database, physician profiles, market intelligence and sales planning.
Develop and Manage Sales Plan:
- Oversee all sales and strategies for tactical implementation of assigned goals.
- Obtain, interpret and analyze physician information, e.g. utilization by physician of hospital services and services of competing hospitals, etc. in a timely and accurate manner. Concentrate on opportunities with physicians yielding the greatest return.
- Identify key sales strategies to enhance referral relationships with the assigned physicians.
- Effectively organize, assemble and arrange resources to meet goals.
- Quantify tactics in activities and results for tracking and measurement of personal sales results.
- Identify within the sales plan additional initiatives to support physician sales and organizational needs. Submit weekly, monthly and quarterly reports in approved format and within sales (Crimson) database system.
- Responsible for correspondence and follow-up with physicians
What will you need?
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills, including verbal, written and public speaking (platform skills)
- Ability to develop and sustain professional relationships and loyalty to the hospital as well as develop new referral sources
- Demonstrate initiative, poise, confidence and willingness to accept challenges.
- Ability to travel between hospital and physician offices.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the demands of the position
- Must possess good time management skills and be customer and results-oriented.
- Familiarity with hospital operations, language and roles.
- Ability to verbally articulate service line and product attributes
- Ability to actively listen to physician and practice needs for hospital inpatient/outpatient services.
- Ability to conceptualize and generate sales within a fluid environment, with particular skill in identifying and setting priorities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to interact with physicians, employees, allied health providers and healthcare leadership.
- Ability to represent Florida Hospital to customers and the public.
- Demonstrated writing ability.
- Knowledge of the hospital sales industry.
- Self-directed with an ability to oversee multiple projects/activities simultaneously.
- Bachelor’s or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of 2 years healthcare sales experience, preferably in hospital sales
- Valid Florida driver’s license and proof of automobile insurance to include liability and property damage coverage
- 5+ years health care/physician sales experience (Preferred)