Director Research Institute
Florida Hospital Tampa
Our hospital has celebrated many firsts in Tampa’s health care history since we opened our doors in 1968. Today, more than four decades later, Florida Hospital Tampa continues to offer innovative medicine as we elevate health care in the Tampa Bay region.
At Florida Hospital Tampa, our diverse clinical specialties provide world-class health care to our patients. We offer the most trusted, expert care in key specialties including cardiovascular care, neurosciences, orthopedics, women's health, cancer and surgery. Our skilled surgeons not only utilize minimally invasive and robot-assisted procedures, but they are also leaders in improving these advanced techniques.
You will be responsible for:
- Achieve regional / national recognition for Pepin Heart Hospital / FHT.
- Supervision of clinical research protocols from implementation to completion.
- Medical supervision of patient care with Principal / Sub-Investigator physicians.
- Conduct patient follow-up visits / manage patients in follow-up with Principal / Sub-Investigator physicians.
- Review laboratory / EKG / study results performed for study patient management.
- Works with research staff to ensure continuous research education is provided to all departments and staff.
- Assist with educational requirements for the IRB, Investigators and related staff.
- Creates a positive image by demonstrating professional, courteous manner in all encounters.
- Makes decisions and acts in the overall interest of the customer and the hospital.
- Identifies customer problems, assists in their resolutions.
- Modifies, as needed, hospital and department system to support services management.
- Develops positive working relations with other functionally related units of the hospital.
- Acknowledges patients, staff and physicians promptly.
- Maintains patient, staff and hospital confidentiality at all times.
- Provides verbal and written communications, which are, clear, concise and complete.
- Responsible for integrating the mission, visions, and values of health system into the service line.
- Hires and supervises research staff.
- Networks and collaborates with administration, physicians, sponsors and coordinators of the recruitment of studies.
- Collaborates with other research sites for the advancement of clinical trial research and development.
- Encourages and supports front line decision-making.
- Promotes, supports and rewards activities that foster cooperation and teamwork.
- Maintain high employee satisfaction
- Develops Institute’s budget plan and assures compliance.
- Develops, approves and negotiates study specific budgets and assures compliance.
- Achieve timely reconciliation of visits completed / sponsor invoicing
- Sponsor invoicing of outstanding visits not paid.
- Sponsor invoicing of IRB / Admin startup fees.
- Achieve timely, compliant billing and hospital account reconciliation.
- ID research patients to initiate bill hold / charge reconciliation.
- Sponsor invoicing of research-only procedures performed for research.
- Collaborate to assure best practices are maintained in billing for clinical research.
- Monitoring of insurance payments received / denials / appeals on research-related hospital accounts.
- Sponsor invoicing of denied insurance payments.
- Prepares and reports financial statements reflecting:
- Rolling Profit / Loss statement
- Contract Value
- A/R on accrual vs. cash basis
- A/P for physician / 3rd party services provided.
- Responsible for assuring all patient informed consents are compliant with FDA guidelines.
- Ensures all research activities are in compliance with JCAHO; FDA; GCP-ICH Guidelines.
- Maintains all study regulatory documents and records according to FDA and OHRP GCP/ICH guidelines.
- Ensures policies and procedures for the Research Department and IRB are updated to reflect current regulations.
- Oversees regulatory functions and assures IRB and FDA/GCP-ICH regulation compliance.
- Prepares annual research report.
- Maintains a list of all protocols and related activities and communicates to administration.
- Reviews new protocols for patient safety, cost effectiveness, scientific merit and feasibility.
- Receives and reviews all research activities in the hospital. Triage projects to the appropriate person for approval.
- Promotes and maintains together with the Medical Director, collaborative alliances with community physicians and organizations who participate or have the desire and qualifications to participate in the Pepin Heart Hospital and Research Institute research program.
- Develops/updates the Institute’s business plans for program’s expansion and joint ventures.
- Procures new studies and initiates/collaborates in the development, with medical staff, of Institute’s initiated research.
- Maintains membership and regular attendance in appropriate professional associations. Attends related conferences, workshops and seminars to stay current with new developments and knowledge.
- Demonstrates effective team building and leadership skills.
- Applicant must be knowledgeable of all applicable federal regulations governing the use of human subjects.
- Individual must be able to work collaboratively with a diverse population of individuals, exhibit strong organizational and communicative skills.
- Master’s Degree, health related field
- Ten years clinical management experience
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience in a research regulatory environment involving human subject’s protection program.
- Doctoral degree in related field and Business degree (Preferred)
- Ten (10) years primary/specialty direct patient care experience (Preferred)