Radiation Therapist Cancer Center Relief Days
Req #: 18001205
Location: Shawnee Mission, KS
Job Category: Cancer Institute
Organization: Shawnee Mission Medical Center
Potential Referral Bonus: $
Relief, Days, As Needed
Shawnee Mission Health
SMH has provided faith-based, whole person care to the Kansas City community since 1962. SMH is more than just a hospital campus. We’re a network of health care facilities working to exceed expectations by delivering quality care with compassion and supporting an exceptional staff of more than 700 physicians representing 50 medical specialties.
Our mission of Improving Health Through Christian Service is achieved each and every day through the dedication and commitment of our associates, physicians and volunteers. We strive to be a regional beacon of wellness, hope and healing attracting customers seeking unsurpassed clinical quality and compassionate care for the whole person, following the example of Christ's healing ministry.
The largest health care provider in Johnson County, Kansas, the SMH network includes Shawnee Mission Medical Center, SMH – Overland Park and SMH – Prairie Star. The 54-acre campus at SMMC is comprised of the main hospital, a community health education building, six physician office buildings and an associate child care center. The Emergency Department at SMMC is the busiest in Johnson County. We deliver more babies each year at the Shawnee Mission Birth Center than any other hospital in the metropolitan area and our Center for Women’s Health is nationally recognized. We have 10 Shawnee Mission Primary Care locations with more than 70 Board-certified doctors who specialize in family medicine, internal medicine and pediatrics as well as Centra Care Shawnee Mission Urgent Care and Spira Care locations.
You will be responsible for:
- Administers targeted doses of radiation as prescribed by a radiation oncologist.
- Assists in preparing sealed radioactive materials, calculates actual treatment dosages, and prepares equipment such as immobilization, treatment and protection.
- Checks patient information, prepares room and equipment, communicates with patient, transfers patient, performs radiation treatment, maintains schedule and supplies, keeps records and assists
- with teaching.
- Collaborates with coworkers, physicians and members of the interdisciplinary health care team effectively.
What will you need?
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Up to 1 Year of Experience
- Kansas LRT State License
- American Registry of Radiologic Technologist (ARRT)