Patient Access Coordinator FT Days
Req #: 17013636
Location: Zephyrhills, FL
Job Category: Patient Financial Services
Organization: Florida Hospital Zephyrhills
Potential Referral Bonus: $
FT / DAY
Florida Hospital Zephyrhills
You will be responsible for:
- The Coordinator will oversee and promote efficient training, operation and front-line patient flow of the assigned registration areas(s), ensuring collection goals are met, accounts are properly authorized by insurance carriers.
- Adheres to established policies and procedures.
- Effectively works in a group/team setting, promotes teamwork and contributes to overall goals.
- The Coordinator will assist staff in difficult patient situations/complaints, including educating patients regarding insurance benefits and financial responsibility.
- He/she will update/involve the Supervisor/Director of pertinent issues on a daily basis.
- This position also requires involvement in hospital performance improvement activities.
- He/she will contribute to staff annual evaluations and participate in and provide employee disciplines/warnings under the guidance of the Supervisor/Director.
What will you need:
- Ability to read and communicate effectively in English
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- 35 wpm avg net typing speed; proficient with Microsoft Office applications and computers
- 2+ years prior supervisory experience / team lead / training / coaching or similar role and/or has progressed through the department’s career ladder criteria
- 2+ years prior experience with registration, insurance verification in a hospital/physician office/collections role/insurance company
- Multitask proficiently, using multiple computer systems, applications and technology
- Excellent customer service and satisfaction skills, ensures quality service is delivered to external and internal customers
- Understanding of revenue cycle (Registration, Insurance Verification, Coding, Billing)
- Understanding of regulatory guidelines such as CMS, EMTALA, HIPAA, The Joint Commission
- ICD-10, CPT, medical terminology
- Explains hospital charges and payment options and programs; collects monies due at time of service
- Consistently meet or exceed established collection goals
- Interpret and explain insurance benefits
- Detail oriented, demonstrate problem solving skills, flexibility and adapts well to change
- Specific Patient Access or medical front office leadership experience. Prior experience in hospital Admitting department / revenue cycle operations (Preferred)
- Prior sales and/or collections experience is required. Must be able to confidently and professionally address the financial responsibility patients may have (Preferred)
- Prior experience with guest service industry particularly with a high-end hotel, airline etc. (Preferred)
- High school diploma, GED
- College training, professional certifications through AAHAM, NAHAM etc. which may be relative to the position (Preferred)