Regional Director Neurosciences FT Days
Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center
Our goal at Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center is simple: to offer our patients the absolute best care around, in the most compassionate, community-focused setting possible.
Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center consists of two campuses: a 277-bed main hospital in Daytona Beach and a 119-bed hospital in Ormond Beach, as well as our new outpatient facility, located at the Pavilion at Port Orange. Through our Christian mission of hope, health and healing, we strive to promote wellness of mind, body and spirit. We are a recipient of the 2012 Governor’s Sterling Award, which is the highest award an organization in Florida can receive for performance excellence.
More than 400 physicians hold privileges to practice at our facilities, and we employ more than 1,700 care-team members. Our specialties include cardiology, cancer, emergency care, surgical services, obstetrics, neurosurgery, stroke care, rehabilitation, weight-loss surgery, imaging, laboratory, home health, wound care, diabetes, hospice, physician practices and women’s services.
Patients and families from across the country appreciate Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center’s unique culture. Our cutting-edge technology is accompanied by the holistic environment and patient-centered care that have defined Florida Hospital for more than a century. Best of all, it’s just a short trip from some of Florida’s most exciting attractions—and minutes from the Sunshine State’s premier beaches.Qualifications
You will be responsible for:
- The Regional Director of Neuroscience Operations is responsible for the on-site management and supervision of Neuroscience operations within 6 buildings, in collaboration with, to include but not limited to Stroke Abstractors, Nurse Navigators, Neuroscience Manager, physicians, Stroke Medical Directors and staff nurses taking care of Neuroscience patients for process improvement, where applicable.
- Work in collaboration with the leader of the Quality Departments, Accreditation and Data Services for accreditation, and planning and implementation of clinical and programmatic goals.
- Support system and technology reviews along with fiscal responsibility for both cost containment and revenue expansion.
- Collaborates on regionally assigned area as subject matter expert.
- The overall goal is to ensure Neuroscience patients are effectively and efficiently navigated through the health care system receiving appropriate care throughout the continuum to optimize support, educational services and to provide the communication link for coordination of care among the multidisciplinary health care team members.
- Responsible for establishing, building and maintaining strategic relationships between our community physicians and their office staff.
- Co-lead with the Directors of Neuroscience Operations for the promotion, education and marketing of Florida Hospital Cancer services to HCP physician, community physicians and their office staff.
- Responsible for the development and oversight of the Regional Nurse Navigation Program
- Provide direct supervision in collaboration with the Neuroscience Manager, of all the Nurse Navigators.
- Lead the implementation of the any Neuroscience Navigation Clinical Care Pathway. Provide leadership as nurse manager/navigators explore and reach out to community physician practices/groups, build relationships to engage those practices/groups in the Pathway Program, thus growing disease specific inpatient and outpatient market share.
- Develop and provide leadership to the all the Multidisciplinary Neuroscience Care Programs.
- Develop and maintain accountabilities and metrics established for nurse navigators to promote the multidisciplinary care programs.
- Initiates physician communications as needed.
- Assures physician satisfaction with services and presents to the Administrator of the Neuroscience Service Line any concerns to be reviewed on an ongoing basis. Meet with Director of Neuroscience Operations monthly.
- Ensures efficient and coordinated services through the screening, diagnosis, treatment and survivorship phases and facilitates dissemination of support/educational services.
- Analyzes, trouble shoots and makes recommendations for ways of improving services and areas that may have problems.
- Establishes and maintains positive and open communication (verbal and written) and relationships with referring physicians, surgeons, radiologists, pathologists, intensivists, hospitalists to provide quality care to patients with disease specific health concerns.
- Attends multidisciplinary conferences, Joint Operations, Stroke Committee and Council meetings.
- Develops and revises patient and staff stroke and Neuroscience-related educational materials. Provides staff and community education as required.
- Recommends modifications to policies and procedures as needed. Development of new Policy and procedures as needed
- Coordinate hiring, supervision, and evaluation of full-time & part-time nurses.
- Provide oversight to the Neuroscience abstractor, navigator & manger.
- Collaborate with the Medical Director of Stroke, Neurosurgery Surgeons, Radiologist, and Regional CNOs to develop the clinical neuroscience nurses.
- Works with Regional Director of Clinical Effectiveness and Regional Quality, Accreditation and Data Services leader to establish quality measures and reports monthly outcomes on a Corporate Scorecard.
- Responsible for programmatic development in collaboration with Regional Director of Neuroscience Operations and Regional Administrator of Neurosciences in establishing, implementing and evaluating goals related to growth, volume, clinical outcomes and revenue.
- Facilitate and coordinate nursing activities related to clinical policies, contractual requirements for workload, personnel policies, nursing staff development and evaluation, and planning, assessment, and accreditation.
- Manage department staff personnel issues adhering to policy and expectations.
- Conduct annual and periodic performance evaluations for faculty in accordance with contract and Florida Hospital policy.
- Reviews medical management related to evidence based practice and in accordance to national guidelines; focusing on improving outcomes.
- Responsible for the ongoing data input/data abstraction/data analysis of ongoing databases. Monitors data tracking and benchmarking in collaboration with the Program Medical Directors and Administrative team.
- Current valid State of Florida Board of Nursing
- Current certification in basic life support required
- Bachelors of Science in Nursing required. A minimum of five years of Neuroscience experience, with demonstrated 5- year management experience preferred. Director level experience for no less than 2 years preferred. MHA or MBA degree preferred.
- MBA, MHA or post-graduate studies to be completed within 3 years of employment.
- Must be familiar with all aspects of neurosurgery to supervise and organize workflow and throughput.
- Driver’s license required
- Neuroscience Certification in Nursing preferred
- MHA or MBA degree preferred