Pharmacy Tech PRN Days and Weekends
- Any shift between 7am - 9pm (Shifts are 7-3, 9-5, 12-9)
- Must be able to work at least ONE weekend a month, possibly more
Central Texas Medical Center
As a member of Adventist Health System, we believe that total health is achieved through a balance of physical, mental, social and spiritual well-being. With each patient’s unique circumstances in mind, our multi-disciplinary care teams provide a vast array of services, combining state-of-the-art technology with a personal commitment to creating an exceptional patient experience.
Our team members also enjoy outstanding care in the form of comprehensive health benefits, a friendly, faith-based work environment, and plenty of opportunities to learn and grow. In addition to earning the Gallup Great Workplace Award six years in a row, we have received a Mother-Friendly Worksite designation from the Texas Department of State Health Services.
Our 178-bed hospital includes a Level IV Emergency and Trauma Center, Women’s Center, Level II NICU, Sleep Improvement Center, Institute for Advanced Wound Care Healing, Rehabilitation Institute, home health and hospice care. Through our CREATION Health Institute, we also play an active role in offering free health education and community events to help support a healthy lifestyle
You will be responsible for:
- Makes hospital rounds delivering medications to nursing units.
- Screens and refers all incoming calls and department visitors to ensure that accurate and timely departmental communications are facilitated and that the department is presented in a positive manner.
- Maintains appropriate levels of control floor stock items and accurately replaces medications in Pyxis Machines.
- Credits and charges medications when appropriate
- Fills unit floor stock orders as needed
- Checks in wholesale orders (scanning and comparing to invoice), follows up on inventory issues, obtains medication per pharmacist request
- Stocks shelves, checks for outdated items.
- Keep pharmacy areas clean, stocked, neat and well organized as expected.
- Accurately refills Pyxis Med Station; accurately conducts inventory of Pyxis Med Station and accurately loads and unloads medications to/from Pyxis Machines.
- Prepares/Orders medications through the wholesaler
- Enters information into the computer as required
- Prepares non-sterile compounded medications under pharmacist supervision
- Under the direction of the pharmacist, mixes sterile products as required, using aseptic technique under the laminar flow hood. Follows clean room guidelines and accurately prepares IV solutions and other sterile products including TPN. Cleans the laminar flow hood and work area thoroughly, wears appropriate attire and signs laminar flow hood log. Contacts patient care areas regarding unclear, expensive, short dated or problem IV medication orders, before compounding.
- Trains non-certified pharmacy technicians, pharmacy tech interns, students and newly hired pharmacy technicians.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED), and three to six months related experience and/or training as a pharmacy technician.
- Current registration as a Pharmacy Technician in the state of Texas.
- I.V. certification must be completed within first 6 months of employment.