PCT II PCU Medical Full Time Days
Req #: 18001433
Location: New Smyrna Beach, FL
Job Category: Patient Care
Organization: Florida Hospital New Smyrna
Potential Referral Bonus: $
Full Time Days
Florida Hospital New Smyrna
Since 1954, Florida Hospital New Smyrna (formerly Bert Fish Medical Center) has served as the community hospital for Southeast Volusia County. Our more than 700 employees use an impressive array of technology and years of knowledge to provide exceptional care for every patient – every day. We offer a wide range of services, including a surgery program, radiology, an oncology center, cardiovascular services, a wound care center, outpatient diagnostic services, and one of the busiest emergency departments of any hospital our size.
You will be responsible for:
- Ensuring personal hygiene and comfort care is delivered to all patients.
- Assessing skin condition on all patients for potential skin breakdown and implements preventative measuring per wound/skin protocol. Communicating changes in skin integrity to the licensed nurse.
- Ensuring patient rooms are neat and clean.
- Responding to nurse/patient intercom system in a timely manner.
- Obtaining vital signs per unit standard, reports abnormal findings to the licensed nurse.
- Obtaining lab specimens per hospital policy and procedure.
- Transporting patients as directed by licensed nursing personnel.
- Discontinuing foley and straight catheters per licensed nurse instructions and per policy.
- Notifying licensed nurse of problematic IV sites and discontinues peripheral IV sites per licensed nurse instructions.
- Discontinuing nasogastric tubes per hospital policy as directed by the licensed nurse.
- Evaluating patients on an ongoing basis utilizing the high risk profile and administers preventative measures when indicated.
- Performing as a team member in assisting with safe and effective patient care.
What will you need?
- High School Graduate/GED
- Minimum of 1 year experience as a certified nursing assistant
- Current BLS required through the American Heart Association