Maintenance Electrician Engineering Services Full Time Day
Req #: 18001479
Location: Wesley Chapel, FL
Job Category: Facilities
Organization: Florida Hospital Wesley Chapel
Potential Referral Bonus: $
Florida Hospital Wesley Chapel
Florida Hospital Wesley Chapel has provided faith-based, whole person care to the community since it opened in 2012. Every detail of our 83-bed facility is purposefully designed to create an environment of healing for mind, body and spirit. Our hospital is equipped with state-of-the-art equipment from outpatient services to our surgical suites and inpatient care. In 2013, we also opened a 50,000-square foot Health and Wellness Center that includes an indoor track, group exercise areas, and an aquatics center with a lap pool to help community members achieve optimal health. In August 2015, the hospital began construction on am expansion that will open in December of 2016, significantly increasing the number of inpatient beds, surgical suites, and emergency department rooms.
You will be responsible for:
- Assemble, install, test, and maintain electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus, and fixtures, using hand tools and power tools.
- Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus, and components, using test equipment and hand tools, to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem.
- Connect wires to circuit breakers, transformers, or other components.
- Inspect electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure compliance with codes.
- Advise management on whether continued operation of equipment could be hazardous.
- Test electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using testing devices such as ohmmeters, voltmeters, and oscilloscopes, to ensure compatibility and safety of system.
- Plan layout and installation of electrical wiring, equipment and fixtures, based on job specifications and local codes.
- Direct and train workers to install, maintain, or repair electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures.
- Prepare sketches or follow blueprints to determine the location of wiring and equipment and to ensure conformance to building and safety codes.
- Use a variety of tools and equipment such as power construction equipment, measuring devices, power tools, and testing equipment including oscilloscopes, ammeters, and test lamps.
- Install ground leads and connect power cables to equipment, such as motors.
- Perform business management duties such as maintaining records and files, preparing reports and ordering supplies and equipment.
- Repair or replace wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using hand tools and power tools.
- Work from ladders, scaffolds, and roofs to install, maintain or repair electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures.
- Place conduit (pipes or tubing) inside designated partitions, walls, or other concealed areas, and pull insulated wires or cables through the conduit to complete circuits between boxes.
- Construct and fabricate parts, using hand tools and specifications.
- Fasten small metal or plastic boxes to walls to house electrical switches or outlets.
- Perform physically demanding tasks, such as digging trenches to lay conduit and moving and lifting heavy objects.
- Provide preliminary sketches and cost estimates for materials and services.
- Provide assistance during emergencies by operating floodlights and generators, placing flares, and driving needed vehicles.
What will you need:
- Ability to read blue prints and electrical schematics
- Demonstrated work experience with voltages up to 480 volts
- Demonstrated work experience in troubleshooting low voltage systems
- Demonstrated competence with Microsoft Word & Excel.
- High School Diploma
- Four years of commercial electrical service / installation
- Low voltage up to and including 480 volts.
- Florida Journeyman’s Electrical License
- Valid Florida driver’s license
- Demonstrated work experience installing and troubleshooting electronic alarm panels such as Fire Alarm systems, Medical Gas, Generator, Fire Pump, Boilers (Preferred)
- ARC Flash Safety Training (Preferred)