Physical Therapist Home Health Gordon Hospital
Req #: 18001200
Location: Calhoun, GA
Job Category: Home Care
Organization: Gordon Hospital and Murray Medical Center
Potential Referral Bonus: $
Gordon Hospital is a 69-bed community hospital that is a member of Adventist Health System, the largest not-for-profit Protestant healthcare system in the world. We provide high quality, personalized and compassionate care to its patients and community. Through our dedication to safety, rigorous self-assessment, performance improvement, corporate integrity, and service management, we are committed to being the pre-eminent provider of acute inpatient and outpatient healthcare services for the residents of Calhoun, Gordon County, and surrounding areas.Qualifications
The Physical Therapist (PT) is responsible for the delivery of coordinated therapy care for a patient and/or and assigned group of patients within a patient care unit and for the day-to-day management and supervision of the related clinical activities. The PT is also responsible for supervising and responsibly directing the activities of various levels of assigned nursing, therapy, and ancillary personnel utilizing both professional and supervisory discretion and independent judgment, while practicing within the State, facility and regulatory guidelines.
The home health care PT’s purpose is to deliver a community based approach that supports the mission and continuum of care of Gordon Hospital and is a specialized form of health care dealing with the delivery of skilled medical care to the patient and supportive care to the family and/or caregivers in the patient’s home environment. It is directed towards teaching the patients/families/ caregivers on how to manage the illness at home, assist the patient and family through the rehabilitative process, and teach them how to return to the highest level of functioning possible to maintain independence in their own environment. It is individualized, holistic, patient centered care, which acknowledges caring for the patient and family as a unit of care and recognizes the need for the patient to be an active participant in his/her care.
You will be responsible for:
- Optimally provides and manages the delivery of patient care, documenting appropriately and accurately on the OASIS/Assessment and visit tools so that the Adverse Outcomes Report does not reflect quality of care issues and proper reimbursement is obtained while complying with all department policies, procedures, practices and standards of care.
- Communicates patient’s rehabilitation status with other health care professionals to facilitate interdisciplinary continuity of care and appropriate discharge planning.
- Identifies continuing educational opportunities for resolution of knowledge deficits and/or for professional growth and demonstrates the ability to evaluate suggestions and criticisms objectively and whenever necessary undertakes to change his/her behavior or seek further guidance.
- Establishes professional goals in collaboration with supervisor annually and demonstrates compliance with an action plan to remediate deficiencies in performance identified by supervisor.
- Recognizes the influence of personal and cultural values on perceptions regarding health care and their impact on the delivery and quality of care. Demonstrates caring behavior and interpersonal connectedness while maintaining personal and professional boundaries.
- Demonstrates flexibility, responsibility and accountability to promote the well-being not only of the home health patient, but also of the patient’s family and the home health team, and delegates and supervises care responsibilities within the disciplines’ scope of practice.
- Ensures that patients, families, community, and organizational resources are utilized in an equitable and beneficial manner to meet patient and family needs, and negotiates the healthcare and community systems to access resources in order to provide community of care to patients and families across settings and is a good steward of all resources.
he financial counselor will process upfront applications
What will you need?
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Physical Therapy
- At least 1 year of institutional experience involving direct therapy care
- Active GA PT License