Cook Full Time
Full time Hours
Full time Hours
Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center
Our goal at Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center is simple: to offer our patients the absolute best care around, in the most compassionate, community-focused setting possible.
Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center consists of two campuses: a 277-bed main hospital in Daytona Beach and a 119-bed hospital in Ormond Beach, as well as our new outpatient facility, located at the Pavilion at Port Orange. Through our Christian mission of hope, health and healing, we strive to promote wellness of mind, body and spirit. We are a recipient of the 2012 Governor’s Sterling Award, which is the highest award an organization in Florida can receive for performance excellence.
More than 400 physicians hold privileges to practice at our facilities, and we employ more than 1,700 care-team members. Our specialties include cardiology, cancer, emergency care, surgical services, obstetrics, neurosurgery, stroke care, rehabilitation, weight-loss surgery, imaging, laboratory, home health, wound care, diabetes, hospice, physician practices and women’s services.
Patients and families from across the country appreciate Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center’s unique culture. Our cutting-edge technology is accompanied by the holistic environment and patient-centered care that have defined Florida Hospital for more than a century. Best of all, it’s just a short trip from some of Florida’s most exciting attractions—and minutes from the Sunshine State’s premier beaches.
- Follows culinary production records in the preparation of patients and retail food production.
- Small batch cooks and/or cooks to order to ensure quality and temperature of food.
- Checks prep/pull sheets for the following day and pulls/preps foods as needed.
- Prepares attractive and palatable food for patient therapeutic and regular diets in quantities dictated by the food production sheets and room service tickets.
- Prepares food for the café and catering.
- Set up and garnish patient and café steam tables; may also participate in set up and/or serving of catering.
- Maintains sanitary conditions of floors, stove, worktables and other equipment used in the performance of duties; records temperatures appropriately following HACCP Guidelines.
- Assists in putting up stock and maintains rotation of stock, keeps storage areas organized and sanitary, with all foods labeled and dated.
- Minimizes waste of food by following production sheets and correct portioning of food, as well as through rotation of stock and appropriate handling and storage of all food.
- Attends culinary production meetings for effective team communication.
- High school graduate or equivalent is required.
- One year of foodservice experience in a high volume culinary production capacity required.
- Knowledge of cooking methods required.
- Must have ability to read, write, and follow oral and written instruction in English.
- Culinary degree preferred.
- Experience in institutional healthcare or hospitality industry preferred.