Registered Nurse Team Lead Medical Surgical Full Time Days
Full Time - Days
**Please attach your updated and FULL experience resume to application**
**Please also attach your American Heart Association BLS card to application**
Florida Hospital Heartland
Since 1948, Florida Hospital has been caring for our Heartland neighbors with a mission to “Extend the Healing Ministry of Christ.” Florida Hospital Heartland Medical Center and Florida Hospital Wauchula are member of a network of 24 Adventist Health System hospitals located throughout Florida.
Built in 1998, Florida Hospital Heartland Medical Center in Sebring offers 149 private rooms nestled on 86-acres inside the Sun ’n Lake Community. Included on this campus is the county’s only certified Heart & Vascular Center and outfitted with three cath labs, the area’s only Certified Stroke Center and Certified Chest Pain Center. The Sebring hospital also offers an all-suite Blessed Beginnings Birthing Center, accredited Breast Care Center staffed with on-site board-certified radiologists and certified Patient Care Navigator, the Bone, Joint & Spine Center offering a variety of minimally invasion procedures through board-certified surgeons, wound care with hyperbaric services, robotic surgical services, sleep center and a wide array of diagnostic imaging like PET CT, MRI and digital mammograms. Already the county’s busiest ER, the newly-expanded Emergency Care Center now has 24 private rooms.
You will be responsible for:
- Performs the job expectations of the Registered Nurse in his / her assigned care area.
- Follows the principals of AIDET in all patient and family interactions.
- Evaluates quality of patient care and outcomes based on care and treatments administered.
- Directs and coordinates the activities of nursing personnel on the designated shift overseeing staff and patient care
- Assures staff performs real time documentation including review of task lists at least every two hours and prompt initiation and signs off of physician’s orders.
- Advises the nurse about appropriateness of calling the physician
- Assists staff in using the electronic quality management tools to evaluate a patient’s current treatment plan to ensure quality outcomes based on established indicators.
- Uses chart audit reports to monitor adherence with documentation guidelines and assists staff to achieve documentation goals.
- Provides support and information to appropriate member of the interdisciplinary team when problems arise with families, physicians, or other caregivers, utilizing the proper chain of command.
- Promotes on the job training of all staff members through coaching, mentoring and evaluation.
- Serves as a role model for staff by collaboratively working with the staff and physicians.
- Coordinates orientation of newly assigned staff. Facilitates clinical experiences to meet employee needs.
- Participates in development and review of departmental policy/procedures and recommend revision.
- Participate in employee appraisal program.
- Acts in behalf of Nurse Manager when necessary.
- Facilitates patient management and throughput by: Effective bed management, Staff assignments, Communicating effectively with key stakeholders including affected physicians and departments, Participates in daily Case Management Discharge Huddles, Coordinates Nurse/Physician rounding, Assessing patients for appropriateness of level of care designation and facilitating movement when indicated
- Assists in data collection for process improvement projects including restraints.
- Assess staffing to ensure compliance with unit staffing matrix and patient acuity.
- Conducts daily staff huddles for information exchange
- Prepares appropriate written documentation on problems regarding staff
- Keeps manager/director informed of any immediate concerns between physicians/staff/patients
What will you need:
- Minimum of Diploma in Nursing
- Minimum of One (1) year experience in area of assignment
- BSN or MSN (preferred)
- Previous healthcare experience (preferred)
- Three (3) to five (5) years of experience in area of assignment (preferred)
- Current Florida RN License
- BLS from American Heart Association